PDA

View Full Version : my DI runs

bh2k
05-29-2004, 05:09 PM
I had some questions for the more knowledgeable people here about the runs. Since my intel system is iyt fir a little I have a 1.8 barton and an ASUS A7N8X board. The insultation I have for the container won't let me mount the thing with the insulation on. Is it okay to just leave it off or is the temperature loss for it great. Also, what is the best additive for the DI. On short notice all I could get was 70% Rubbing alcolhol, which I assume is not great, but would anyone know where I can something like 99% or ethanol. One last thing is since the base of my container is flat should I worry about the contact with the core of my barton? I mean the white edge (one with teh socketA embossed on it) of the CPU socket sticks up a few CMs so should I be partiuclarly worried about it? I still got -30C, but could I be doing better? Oh and can the A7N8X measure in to negative temps? Also, I did push my 1.8 barton to 2.6 and it's a desktop.

charlie
06-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Sounds pretty healthy to me.... you'll probably NEVER see colder than -30C in BIOS, and a flat bottom container is fine, it clears the socket. 99% Iso will help you by a couple * right there though

C