PDA

View Full Version : Socket insulation with hotglue

Alarch
05-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Hello. What do you guys think of airsealing CPU socket with hotglue, and then smashing rest of insulations on. Socket would be perfectly airtight with it, but but. Will it go to sockets connectors, so that CPU stops working? :) Also, its quite easy to remove, you can rip it off in one or few pieces.

Below is some testing with old motherboard. Didn't dare to do it with my NF7-S without asking first.

(deleted the image from FTP server)

Gary Lloyd
05-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Can you still lift the lever?

Alarch
05-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Aye. Lever was on open (up) position when i put the glue :)

saratoga
05-30-2004, 02:11 PM
That actually seems like a pretty good idea. Try it and post if it kills your system :)

afireinside
06-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Hot glue in the socket would ruin it. Around the socket sounds like a good idea :)

Gary, did you ever get that computer everyone donated parts for to work?

kayl
06-02-2004, 12:46 PM
hey i have that same board, epox 8RD3A+ one of the first revisions, so how did you kill it, mine died recently water leak

this is a good idear i think, i might try it on my cpu once i get my chillier on the computer, if you can remove it easly would be an option

Alarch
06-03-2004, 01:31 PM
It's not totally dead, just really suffered. Smashed some capacitors off from the board, CPU power regulation is kinda broken, and sockets clips are broken. It's been through hell of an many tests :D