PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City All Screwed Up After Installing FRAPS. What Happend?? Pics Inside...

Kunaak
05-26-2004, 04:20 AM
everything was fine on this game till I tried to use fraps to check my frame rates and now all my game saves are all screwed up.

I installed DX9C and thought that might have been the problem, so I formatted and did the few updates, went back to DX9b and well, everythings still screwed up.

all the mipmaps are way off, all screwed up and barely rendering and the things on the horizon aren't rendering till literally when I run into them cause they are invisible now...

I am trying to show what happend, with these pics.
pay attention to the time in the upper right, and the details from picture to picture and you will kinda see what I mean.

Kunaak
05-26-2004, 04:21 AM
alittle more.

take a look at the road, and how the rails of the bridge arent there and that all the mipmaps are pretty much not there...

Kunaak
05-26-2004, 04:23 AM
and here it is 2 seconds later when the road finally appears, but not the rails of the bridge.

this happens through every part of the game now.

Halo and my other games are fine.
just my GTA vice city game is screwed up, and even the 1.1 patch didn't do anything to fix it.

remember, this was happening with a old install of XP and I reformatted tonight and it's still happening now again with the clean install.

sky
05-26-2004, 10:58 AM
tried running it in compat mode set to 98 or me? did fix some stuff for me - though i never had problems with fraps and this game EVER

Kunaak
05-30-2004, 10:09 PM
it seems to be a "frame limiter" issue.
if I remove the frame limiter to run above 30 FPS, the game goes nuts like you see in the pictures here.

I can't get it to work properly any other way other then with the frame limiter on...

anyone know why?

craig588
05-31-2004, 05:13 AM
It happens to me too, I havnt found a fix for it, but for a while it worked fine, then it decided not to work, I think it has something to do with XP though, because on my windows 2000 instalation it works fine without the frame limiter.

masterofpuppets
05-31-2004, 06:26 AM
I wonder how it would play on Win2k3 Enterprise, if at all.

sky
05-31-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Kunaak
it seems to be a "frame limiter" issue.
if I remove the frame limiter to run above 30 FPS, the game goes nuts like you see in the pictures here.

I can't get it to work properly any other way other then with the frame limiter on...

anyone know why?

have you tried the compatibility mode - right click the vc icon, properties, compatibilty, run as win98/win me. that's what i have to do. doesn't matter if i have the frame limiter on/off or whatever else. win xp prof1 running on 9800xt cat 3.8 never had any probs after switching to compat mode with vc.

Kunaak
05-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Sky, the Compatibity mode worked perfect.
I just tried it just now.

Thank You.

(I been playing morrowind so I haven't tried this in a few days)