PDA

View Full Version : My XP1600 + Gigabyte mobo

ExtremeAMD
10-05-2002, 09:16 PM
This is how fast I was able to get my XP1600 AGOIA Y on my GA-7VRX and My good ole Crucial PC2100 ram. All stock cooling and if not for my video card going too far outta spec, and my motherboard being a pain in the butt no wanting to post over 180 fsb more than once, I was able to hit 1.91 with only 1.85 on the core and all air cooled. :). It's pretty stable at 1.89, but 3Dmarks wont run because of the lack of a divider. Heres some screenies. :). 46C load temps arn't too bad either. :).

ExtremeAMD
10-05-2002, 09:18 PM
BTW, you can probably tell it wasn't the ram holding me back, because I was able to get it up to 423 mhz with 2.8 volts to it. (the max my mobo will give) Go Crucial. :)

Drozdov
10-05-2002, 10:30 PM
nice OC Extreme :toast:

Smizack
10-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Not too shabby my man. Looks good. I'm a Crucial fan as well.;)

IFMU
10-06-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
Not too shabby my man. Looks good. I'm a Crucial fan as well.;)
Got to agree with Smiz there. Nice OC and gotta love Crucial!~!

And, BTW, Welcome the the Xtreme!~!

Ciesko
10-06-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeAMD
This is how fast I was able to get my XP1600 AGOIA Y on my GA-7VRX and My good ole Crucial PC2100 ram. All stock cooling and if not for my video card going too far outta spec, and my motherboard being a pain in the butt no wanting to post over 180 fsb more than once, I was able to hit 1.91 with only 1.85 on the core and all air cooled. :). It's pretty stable at 1.89, but 3Dmarks wont run because of the lack of a divider. Heres some screenies. :). 46C load temps arn't too bad either. :).

Really?? :D , that is my 1600+ :cool:

ExtremeAMD
10-06-2002, 05:50 AM
Thx guys. I'm hoping to get 2ghz on it once my watercooling stuff arrives next week. This mobo is really killing me. After 182 FSB I can't seem to keep the AGP in spec. I need dividers. I've been cruising around here for a while, checking things out, and it looks like a cool place to hang. :). Thx for the welcome.

MrIcee
10-06-2002, 05:55 AM
Welcome to Xtreme my friend :)

Very nice job overclocking on the Gigabyte board...they are not noted for their great overclocking ability and you've done very nicely. I'm a former Gigabyte man myself...having bought and run the first KT-266 iteration, the 7VTX which was a fine board but not very FSB friendly. Keep up the great work and hope to see you around on a regular basis;)

Randi:D

ExtremeAMD
10-06-2002, 06:04 AM
Thx dude. I was never able to get the board to post at anything over 186 FSB. Even with my duron it just didn't wanna happen with the lowest multiplier. I was never able to unlock the chip either, for the lack of... lack of... well... the lack of being able to unlock, lol. I tried so many times and got a boot at 650 mhz or 600 every time, with no options for multipliers. I'll see what I can do though. :). I wanna try and break 13k 3Dmarks, but it doesn't seem possible without a new motherboard or better CPU. Although I'll be vmodding my v-card as soon as I get a guide on how to do it. Maybe that'll give me the little extra I need. :D

TheDude
10-06-2002, 06:41 AM
ExtremeAMD,

Welcome to the forum!:D

Guess your name says it all!:D That's an incredible OC with that board and on air too! I admire you for sticking in there, not giving up and getting a hell of a job done!

Congrats!:toast: