PDA

View Full Version : Most beutiful thing youve ever seen in graphics world??!!

Mini
05-24-2004, 08:52 AM
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_bezerker.jpg

Look at those pics... My god... HL2 and Doom3 GO HOME!!!

Soulburner
05-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Too bad we don't even have the power to run that "playable"...

Looks like Doom 3 will be the graphics king for now, and even that is very impressive.

Mini
05-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Soulburner
Too bad we don't even have the power to run that "playable"...

Looks like Doom 3 will be the graphics king for now, and even that is very impressive.

True... But they have only been workin on unreal3 for 18 months... So mayB 2-3 years is finished???

But did you see the new Doom3 video from E3???

I think it looked like :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:... I took a look at the alpha and "new" vid compared to old alpha... There is no difference... Deffenetly HL2 looks better...

Tedinde
05-24-2004, 11:03 PM
My HL2 Coupon is starting to turn Yellow like the Declaration of independance it's getting so old!!!

WTF!!!

Attitudx
05-25-2004, 07:48 AM
LMAO I dont have a HL2 coupon but i bet it would be getting old as well, when is this gonna be released

Lemina
05-25-2004, 10:57 AM
That is just unbelievable. I wouldn't have believed it, if there weren't any visible 'jaggies' in some of the pics.

Soulburner
05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Mini
True... But they have only been workin on unreal3 for 18 months... So mayB 2-3 years is finished???

I think it looked like :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:... I took a look at the alpha and "new" vid compared to old alpha... There is no difference... Deffenetly HL2 looks better...
How the heck does it look like crap? I think if you were playing the game yourself, with the lights out and the surround cranked, you would be in for a surprise...

masterofpuppets
05-30-2004, 03:49 PM
My mate downloaded the HL2 leak (from a private ftp) and we compiled it and it was so crap compared to the official videos (BugBait, TrapTown etc). I want the real hl2 now. Hurry up valve!

lalPOOO
05-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Doom 3 is apparently going to come out around christmas, so I would expect hl2 to pop up sometime around then too.

That picture above is badass, but I'm pretty sure it took an hour to 2 to render... ;)

Master_G
05-31-2004, 08:10 AM
I dont know if im making this up or not but i seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere (think it was an interview w/valve) that they would set a release date at E3 or something, and it was supposed to be ready by the end of the summer.
Better well be tbh, ive decided to take the plunge this summer and build a new rig from scratch and want to have something to use it on :D

G

SuperDude
05-31-2004, 02:05 PM
isnt doom3 suppose to be out june 14th?

ocmyface
06-11-2004, 10:14 AM
yeah, sometime June

i pray it comes out, but I don't have high hopes considering they havent even finished their website :stick:

r3b0rN
06-15-2004, 07:41 PM
dear god, i havnt been scared when playing a game since silent hill when i was 11 ( on the ol' psx ).. maybe the fear will return in unreal 3 :D

boshi
06-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by masterofpuppets
My mate downloaded the HL2 leak (from a private ftp) and we compiled it and it was so crap compared to the official videos (BugBait, TrapTown etc). I want the real hl2 now. Hurry up valve!

how long did it take to compile? What compiler did you use?

Vagrant Zero
07-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mini

Not to drudge up a 2 week old topic but being an iD junkie I feel obligated to inform you that only the Xbox version of D3 was demoed at E3 [I should know, I was there :p]. That's why it looked like crap. The PC version on the other hand...

http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/july9goldscan.jpg

Look at his arm, I can see the individual hairs.

Zyeox
08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Ok I am new to the boards so I have to comment on that picture!! HOLY SH!$!!!!

Mini
08-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by lalPOOO
Doom 3 is apparently going to come out around christmas, so I would expect hl2 to pop up sometime around then too.

That picture above is badass, but I'm pretty sure it took an hour to 2 to render... ;)

Actually i dont think it tood that long... X800XT should run it better than 6800U they say...

Wasnt the clip from E3 realtime renderen running like 12-18 FPS??? No background or nuthin... Just BLACK... Hehe...

But hey its 2-3 years at LEAST... So it'll be running on a 7Ghz Pentium6 and a Radeon XXX0 XT-Raw diamond 180 karat edition ;)

We are authoring most character and world normal maps and texture maps at 2048x2048 resolution. We feel this is a good target for games running on mid-range PC's in the 2006 timeframe . Next-generation consoles may require reducing texture resolution by 2X, and low-end PC's up to 4X, depending on texture count and scene complexity.

All Kill3r
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
best looking monster i've ever seen in game.

LilGator
08-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Check these new ones out :D

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40258

LeFuzz
08-08-2004, 06:17 AM
on day one of cpl, they had the unreal3 graphics engine on display on the top of the line p4EE systems boasting SLI video cards and it still made it stutter. i was completely amazed, for the rest of the show, they let you play far cry w/ SLI