PDA

View Full Version : Ultra suckage!

docah
10-04-2002, 07:38 AM
Well i was mad at the fact that i've killed about 3 abits since i started buiding athy machines... so i bought an msi kt3 ultra 2. The short of it is ... i'm impressed but at the same time unimpressed.

I get the same o/c out of my chip, the temperatures are about the same and the voltages as well. The bios while different is still tweakable at the levels i understand. Slew rate.. drive strngth and delays are all out of my realm of knowledge and hence were usless on the kx7.

The ram performace of the board is horrible. At 173 mhz FSB(1830ish cpu) i'm seeing less than 80% bandwidth utilization. Still using the same timings as the abit which as i recall was close to 90%

I don't remember reading that these boards had such issues... but i could have missed it. Anyone got advice?

sysfailur
10-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by docah
Well i was mad at the fact that i've killed about 3 abits since i started buiding athy machines... so i bought an msi kt3 ultra 2. The short of it is ... i'm impressed but at the same time unimpressed.

I get the same o/c out of my chip, the temperatures are about the same and the voltages as well. The bios while different is still tweakable at the levels i understand. Slew rate.. drive strngth and delays are all out of my realm of knowledge and hence were usless on the kx7.

The ram performace of the board is horrible. At 173 mhz FSB(1830ish cpu) i'm seeing less than 80% bandwidth utilization. Still using the same timings as the abit which as i recall was close to 90%

I don't remember reading that these boards had such issues... but i could have missed it. Anyone got advice?

Break it, RMA it, and get yourself a KD7 :eek: Hehe, but seriously, you might wanna try WPCREDIT tweaks. 93=FF, 6A=FF. Those should boost ya up some.

docah
10-05-2002, 05:05 AM
Sweet will do.. i also bought myself a 512 stick of corsair 3200 XMS platinum . I should be able to push a bit harder with that :)