PDA

View Full Version : Really need help with this one

Qkjhfhaiguihfma
10-03-2002, 06:34 PM
I recently unlocked my AXP, or I thought I did. Anyway, I closed everything up, looked like a perfect unlock.

When I tried to boot, no problems, went straight to BIOS and set the multiplier to 5x. (Probably a mistake.)

Anyway, it takes 15 minutes of resetting the BIOS/CMOS whatever I could pull out and switch jumper to get it to boot.

And I get a 1500+. Okay, BIOS, set to 1600+. (That's what it is.)

Same thing. 15 more minutes, boots as a 850Mhz CPU, 8.5 x 100.

Now I'm lost, I think it's unlocked, but a 100Mhz FSB? I'm afraid to change anything until I get your opinions, I need to sleep now, but please help me, I'll be back tommorrow, I hope.

Thanks guys.

Nohto
10-03-2002, 06:53 PM
I take it your cpu is a xp1600+ Did you seal the laser cuts before you joined the bridges together. If you did all that correctly what are you using to join the bridges with. I found that the defogger repair kit works 100x's better than the silver laquer. try that if you haven't.

TheDude
10-03-2002, 08:05 PM
What motherboard? is there a pin onboard to select 100 or 133?

N8
10-04-2002, 03:34 AM
Yea, check to make sure that your 100 / 133 FSB jumper on the mainboard is set to 133 :)

Qkjhfhaiguihfma
10-04-2002, 11:06 AM
Okay, I should have gave more information, here goes.

The motherboard is Abit KX7-333, it's a 1600+, yes.

I believe it is UNLOCKED, that part was successful. Here's why, when I first booted, and whenever I clear the BIOS, (Up until the unlocking) it read it as a 1050Mhz CPU, 10.5 x 100. The multiplier was locked. Now it's dropping to 8.5, I think it's unlocked.

I do remember reading something about shorting the gaps, which means you can only select multipliers with a X.5 type thing.

Any more help, I'm going to try to reboot now.

Nohto
10-04-2002, 12:06 PM
If you shorted the gaps as you callled them actually laser cuts you need to start from scratch and be more careful this time. I personally use superglue and check my work with a multi-meter after unlocking the bridges to make sure that I didn't get any bridging material in the laser cuts. You can do this by putting 1 lead on any gold writing (ground) and the other on each one of the lines (5 of them). You should not have total continuity (o ohms) that is a perfect connection. If so you have shorted out one or more of the bridges. Hope this helps if not post what you don't understand and I will try and clarify. Also it is a good idea to use acetone or something similar to clean off the work you have already done before you start over.

Qkjhfhaiguihfma
10-04-2002, 12:20 PM
I guess I'll have to try it again, I must have messed something up. Anyway, I don't think I did, because for some reason, when I first put the thing together, this stuff wa happening except a 10.5 multiplier and a 100FSB. Now it's an 8.5 x 100.

I can't remember how I fixed it, or why it did it though.