PDA

View Full Version : cannot change aperture size in bios

kanpol
05-11-2004, 07:47 PM
First time posting here so i would like to say hello. HELLO. My board is FIC AU31 and the bios is just basic, cannot overclock period. I post on nForcersHQ and was recommend to come to this site for possible help. Basically I want to change my aperture size, it is currently set at 32 and would like to change it to 128 to match video memory size. But as I said my bios is a basic oem version so i cannot even change the aperture size. I would greatly appreciate any possible help.
thank you all,
stuart

Ket
05-13-2004, 12:25 PM
dunno if it will help but go to www.lumberjacker.de they have all sorts of modded and\or hacked BIOSes from loads of manufacturers.

kanpol
05-17-2004, 05:36 PM
thanks for reply, checked out the site, looks good but 1 problem, I only read and write english(smile). Is there a english version of that site.
thanks

Minnyboy
05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Babelfish is a good friend to us english-only readers....

Not sure if babelfish translates that many languages but I think it should translate the main ones spoken most worldwide.

Hope this helps,
Minnyboy

lubners
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Try here (http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/au31_downloads.htm) for the AU31 Modded Bios!!!

[XC] moddolicous
04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
wait, if I find the bios for my comp, will it be in German or in English.

willgatlin
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
okay, for all of you that are really wanting to overclock your AU31 FIC motherboards I have a new bios that does work and opens up all the options that came with the motherboard before Emachines re-programmed the hell out of the bios. With this change I was able to get into a ton of new options that were hidden, including AGP BUS changing tools, Processor Clock Adjustment, Memory Timing Settings, and a ton of other crap. Many people think that overclocking an Emachines Computer is impossible, but it is not! You just have to try a few things and do some research.
Now, I tried overclocking and changing a few things and the board doesnt do well with serious changes. The board is made by FIC and was designed for home use, not major system overclocking, so it isnt very stable beyond what it was designed to do. So dont get pissed if you cant overclock by much. I was able to overclock some and it helped a bit.
Here is one important thing to remember: If you overclock too far or screw up your ram timings, your computer will not boot and if it does it will probbably shut itself off. If you do this and are lucky enough to get back into the bios you can change your settings down to make the system boot. If you cant even get the system to Post after changing those settings, you will need to clear your CMOS. You can clear your CMOS on the FIC Au31 board by switching the jumper right next to the battery to the 2,3 pins, rather than the 1,2 pins. It is very simple. Once you switch the jumper, start your computer for 10 seconds, then power down and move the jumper back to the 1,2 position. Your system will now boot, but will go back to default settings for the board which are considerably less than emachines had them set at. You will have to go back into bios and change your CPU setting back to what it was before at default.
I have an Emachines T3265 with a 3200+ AMD Athlon Barton Core XP Processor and it is virtually impossible to damage the processor in this computer by overclocking because the system will simply not start if the clock settings are wrong. So dont worry, you wont be able to fry or damage anything.
If you are interested in changing the bios on your AU31 mobo so you can get to all the hidden settings, contact me by my email address willgatlin@hotmail.com and I will give you all the software you need. The software to alter the bios can be done in windows believe it or not, you dont have to create some stupid floppy disk and hassle with that. The entire process is very easy and dont worry, its not a big deal.

My Contact Information is As Follows:

Will Gatlin
willgatlin@hotmail.com

DO NOT SPAM THIS EMAIL ADDRESS OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED.

(If anyone knows any other tips and or tricks for AU31 motherboards, please let me know!)