PDA

View Full Version : Windows Audio Problems

John Cena
05-09-2004, 07:09 AM
I have 5.1 Surround sound. When I play a song it's crispy and nice.

Heres my problem in Windows.
Whenever I boot up to Windows and Play a song, It sounds "VERY" loud and distorted kind off but when I goto the SoundMax control panel and disable the Center speaker for 2 seconds and then renable it, the sound goes back to normal and sounds nice.

Everytime I boot up I have to do that. Anyone know why this is happening?

Plexus22
05-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Sounds like its not detecting speaker settings or a piece of hardware on boot up and only works when you manually detect it. OS's do this sometimes with mouse and keyboard too. Don't know how to fix it. Probly depends on the exact sound system you have.

benonmsn
06-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Plexus22
Sounds like its not detecting speaker settings or a piece of hardware on boot up and only works when you manually detect it. OS's do this sometimes with mouse and keyboard too. Don't know how to fix it. Probly depends on the exact sound system you have.

yes. my 5.1 sounds lame on system start up but after 5 sec its fine. most likely has to do with when drivers are loaded / what takes place after you log on vs whe nthe comoputer boots up.

John Cena
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Actually it was ALL because's of the driver installation order. Now I install sound drivers always after install direct x etc. That seems to fix it