PDA

View Full Version : Help, 9800pro Won't FLASH!

Satummoo
05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
I've been trying to flash my 9800pro to xt and it won't let me flash the card. I have the .bin files and the atiflash files on the floppy and whenver my computer boots, it gives me the dos promt which I type

A:atiflash -f 0 9800XT.bin

The floppy makes noises for about 30 seconds and during that time, a Dos protection thing pops up saying 1994-98 and some other stuff and then after it's "done" the ATIFLASH window comes up. I then reboot and it still shows it being a 9800pro and I have even uninstalled the drivers complelty so it would detect it again.

what do I do?

neokenzo
05-09-2004, 12:42 PM
I havent used atiflash before but if it is the same as flashrom, shouldnt the command be "atiflash -p 0 9800XT.bin"?

-f is to force flash.

Ravilj
05-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Here is for flashrom (i prefer it)...

Type
"flashrom -i" - This will display all the adapter numbers, use this to check which adapter your radeon is, usually 0. (all instructions from now on use 0 as the adapter number).

Type
"flashrom -s 0 biosfile.bin" - This will save your existing bios to the file name you specify. Good to keep a backup of it.

Type
"flashrom -p 0 biosfile.bin" - This is where you specify the name of the bios you wish to flash your card with. From here the program will flash the card.

After it says xxx bytes verified than press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reset, dont use your reset button.

If for some reason there is a error message about not being able to flash the card or whatever you can force flash it.

Type
"flashrom -p 0 biosfile.bin -f" - This will force flash the card with the bios. And again wait for xxx bytes to be verified and than use CTRL+ALT+DEL to reset.