PDA

View Full Version : Promethia in Uk... opinions req'd!

Marci
10-02-2002, 04:04 AM
Righty guys... I need the opinions of Promethia owners...
Here's why...

I can get em. They'd retail at 429 inc VAT for standard ver (AMD & Intel) and 479 inc VAT for black ver (AMD & Intel)

Would they sell over here yet, or do you reckon only in small numbers... also, PILSY, need a favour...

I need to show the rest of the guys one running... to convinve em that they're worth it... any chance of you popping over with yours to help me prove the point...?

They are already available in the UK, cheaper, but we'll only be about £5 more, and are hoping our reputation will pull in the rest. One supplier is a small company I've never heard of in my life... the other is one of the 10 major overclocking stores in the UK.
Now, we've just launched a National Advertisin campaign for the watercoolin stuff in UK PCMagazines, so the pull-in from that is likely to be fairly huge in comparison to the quantities we shift nowadays, and I can always get one reviewed by PC Answers or someone similar from the Future Group...

What d'y'all reckon? Should I? Or should I just hang back a while until they're more likely to sell... I can't imagine us moving more than 10 in the UK within any 6 month period... we've only ever sold 1 vapochill!

toofast
10-02-2002, 04:25 AM
I would say go for getting the prometeia in m8 there selling like hot cakes @ the store you hinted at . I know they buy them in 5`s coz i got there invoice in my case box :lol:
Looking around the forums plenty of people are buying them id say go for it ;)

btw im not surprised you arent selling many Vapochills at your price... just an observation not a dig.

Marci
10-02-2002, 04:36 AM
yeah, we buy from Innovatek as it's easier for shipping arrangements, but unfortunately Innovatek haven't dropped their prices yet :(

If pilsy can get over here with his to demo to BigStevie (THE boss) then we'll probably go fer it...

PiLsY
10-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Marci.

I definitely wont be able to get over until next weekend m8 - ive no transport at all at the moment. Got 5 days off next week (thursday to monday) so Im sure I can arrange a visit then.

Tell me what you need me to bring and ill be down :).

PiLsY.

Marci
10-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Just a rig in a promethia will do, unless it's easy for you to remove yours and I can fit one of ours... steve just wants to see one running, and not hear one running... we invested in getting the EVA3s in but pulled out so he's a bit dubious about phase-change at the mo...

If u're off 26/27 october (sat & sun) there's a 50 player LAN over here...

PiLsY
10-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Yup should be able to manage that.

Reckon those 1.3 radeons will be in by then (or any sign of them yet?). Could kill two birds with one stone.

Should have everything internal by then (BI Micro arrives tomorrrow) so nice and silent for a change.

PiLsY.

Marci
10-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Am puttin a Radeon order in tomorrow, to a different supplier hopefully... we shall see! If there's a 1.3 there to be had I'll collar it and hold it for ya..

PiLsY
10-02-2002, 12:36 PM
Cheers m8 :).

Got my AGP 8x board - results later. If its good I can hook you up with a supplier too ;).

PiLsY.

Marci
10-02-2002, 12:42 PM
luverleeee

PiLsY
10-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Its cack :rolleyes:.

Anyway, should be on for thursday or friday - i'll let you know closer to the time m8. My m8s giving me a lift up to you, but hes a pilot so could be on standby :rolleyes:. At the moment thursday afternoon is looking the most likely day.

PiLsY.

Marci
10-04-2002, 01:59 AM
funki... have u seen, they now sell it on it's own without the case... eva3 style... reckon we'll probably just stock that in beige n black...

How does it compare in size to the Chieftec cases? Any idea?
Thinkin about makin it available preattached to them as an option....

PiLsY
10-04-2002, 02:17 AM
About a half inch wider and a half inch deeper :).

Im using an ATCS 710 on it atm (dragon with coolermaster ally front) and its a pretty close match. 1/4" wood blocks on the side panel mounts matches the sides up, take the front off the prometia part and theyre exactly the same depth. Im looking into getting an ally front panel machined up for it to match the top. Thats the most challenging part.

I'll email you a couple of pics if you like?

PiLsY.

Marci
10-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Yeah definitely be interestin to see.... wonder if Maxxxpert remembered to patent / copyright the EVA3 designs.... lol

Wayne H
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Why dont you sell them new vapo chills.

Wayne H
10-11-2002, 01:41 PM
If you sell them please sell them with out that crappy and case and in black aswell:D