PDA

View Full Version : ti4600 vmod - first time vmod

CrawlingEye
10-01-2002, 10:24 AM
I've never modded any actual hardware before. I've added windows and all the other fun stuff like putting on ramsinks and all, but never done a vmod or anything of the sort.

I'm currently at 13.9k in 3dmark. I'm looking to hit 14k, I need 50 points or less (more are welcome though) so I'm guessing the vmod would be a great idea. I could flash the bios of the card, but my FDD drive's broke and I'm too lazy to spend the money to order a new drive (wasted order IMO).

So... Can someone dumb this down to my level?

Thanks. By the way, my cooling for my MSI ti4600 currently is Tweakmonster rev4 ramsinks (artic alumina adhesive) and a jag 1u JAC313C (artic silver adhesive). I can do 337/765 at the default voltages.

I'm not looking to fry my card or anything. I've read a few articles on the vmods which have been suggested to me by someone who I'm guessing frequents this forum (Pyro), whom I know from another forum (sharky forums).

Just curious if I should be using any particular Ohm resistor (I've read a few articles which have suggested different resistors and different types of cooling). For the record, my case ambient's never over 25c, so that shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks, sorry for the book.

Pyro
10-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Liquide's Vmod Advice (http://213.114.174.253/forum/showthread.php?threadid=130)

CrawlingEye
10-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Thanks again, buddy. :)
I think you pretty much answered all my questions. :)

Pyro
10-01-2002, 04:40 PM
No prob, I think that was the link I had Pm'ed you, though the site was down at the time.

The memory mod seems easy enough. I wonder if those SMD Grabbers are small enough to fit around the core mod pins. Either way, I'm currently in the process of learning how to solder. MrIcee has gave me quite afew tips.

CrawlingEye
10-01-2002, 06:25 PM
The link says no for the core. I might try my luck with soldering though. I'll have to play with a soldering iron for a while though until I feel comfortable soldering something that delicate.