PDA

View Full Version : a little help in here

aarion
09-30-2002, 07:46 PM
hi, this is my first post in this forum. I had just built my first water cooling. But now i would like to built a water chiller. I will post some pic here. So pls advice whether it is worth the effort. One thing my water in the closed system is about 700ml only. So i planning to use only 84 watts peltier.

aarion
09-30-2002, 07:47 PM
here is my design of a water chiller. I planning to put this into the res that is the above pic. Pls advice.

will_perdikakis
10-01-2002, 07:27 PM
You will have to use a low powered pelt in order for the HSF to be effective in cooling the hot side.

OPPAINTER
10-01-2002, 07:48 PM
I'll tell you what I use to run, I had a loop that had 2 extra MCW462 blocks on it, they both had a 80w pelts cooling them. I used 2 big old swifty 462 heatsinks to cool the hot side of the pelts. The fact is it made very little difference in the water temps and I don't think any as far as an Overclock. I did however hook up 3 Slot A water blocks, one in the middle as the cold block and 2 on the outside as the hot blocks on a seperate loop. I used 3 80w pelts on each side of the cold block and my water went down to -2c when system was running at idle with this chiller:D
Like Will said, basiclly you need to cool the hot side best you can for decent results. And you will need more then just 1 80w pelt to get cold water.

OPP

aarion
10-01-2002, 10:38 PM
the thing is i need to just cool the water that is 65C to like 20++C. I do not know whether it will help in the o/c. I cannot make the water go lower coz it will have condensation. The humidity in my country is extremely high. So wouldn't want to go too low on the temp.

sysfailur
10-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by aarion
the thing is i need to just cool the water that is 65C to like 20++C. I do not know whether it will help in the o/c. I cannot make the water go lower coz it will have condensation. The humidity in my country is extremely high. So wouldn't want to go too low on the temp.

You could always take a dehumidifier apart and chill your water like that. Or you could just use a peltier like normal, instead of chilling your water. If you did that, you wouldn't get condensation all over your tubing as you would if you chilled the water. If you say the humidity is high, then I'd say using a pelt like normal would be the best. Just insulate and make sure your radiator can handle it, and booya!

aarion
10-02-2002, 09:50 AM
so i guess you guys are against towards my idea. i do not want extreme temp just want normal temp like 25c - 30c, that's all. What do you all recommend?