PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia w/o PC-Case Finally on Sale

Pedro Rocha
09-30-2002, 02:44 PM
http://www.chip-con.com/news.asp

2002-09-30

Here we are again with some great news. First and foremost we have now on numerous requests made available the Prometeia Cooling unit separately without the Enlight PC-Case on top. This has of-course the additional benefit of a further reduced price on the Worlds most powerfull Cooling system :)
It is of course both available in the original Beige and Black, and as the observant reader will notice, almost at the same price.

http://www.chip-con.com/shoppics/bottom_white_sidepanels_sml.jpg

The other piece of great news we have for you, is a little ATX-Power conditioner, that will handle the start-up of the most mean machine OC'ed and OV'ed CPU's without a glitch. It even has the side effect of reducing the total Start-up time by close to a minute, and provides additional protection for your CPU, as the CPU never receives any power untill it is thoroughly Cooled, where it can better handle the "extra juice".

http://www.chip-con.com/shoppics/atx-power_cond_sml.jpg

efreak
09-30-2002, 03:07 PM
awsome news to me. Now i need 2 of them!!

mike.elmes
10-03-2002, 08:35 AM
I was quoted only a 50.00 discount to buy prommy without the case on top. Not much savings...but some is better than none.

TheDude
10-03-2002, 09:10 AM
Which case(s) are you guys thinking of using?:D

mike.elmes
10-03-2002, 09:40 AM
Hey Dude,

I am building my newest system....to be pommy cooled, into a LianLi pc75 Black window case. I am putting it together first, then when the prommy shows in a few more weeks, I'll do what a few others on this site did and just notch out the lianli to allow the prommy to sit under it.

The 2.66 ran pretty happily in an ASUS P4B533, we had her up to 3100 stable on Air (Sunflower) but didn't have anything but a stick of KINGMAX 333. (Last night)

My board is the IT7-max , not max2 , so I hope I can get it up a little higher tonight.

We did get a 3dmark score with my 9700 and the cpu at 3100 but managed a mere 14000 ...which I hope to elipse with the IT7 MAX and the prommy ....

donny_paycheck
10-13-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
Which case(s) are you guys thinking of using?:D

Antec SX1000 Series, my case right now. I'll just cut a hole in the bottom for the evap hose and bolt the two together.

ABit AT7-MAX2, Prometeia cooler and a 2400+ should hold me off until the hammer comes down...I mean out.

TheDude
10-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys,

I am still kind of undecided on the case, so I went with the complete Prom in black for now. I like the way it looks, hell of a lot better than my old Vapochill (POS case). I have seen the lian used and they look real sharp with the prom. :D

donny_paycheck
10-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys,

I am still kind of undecided on the case, so I went with the complete Prom in black for now. I like the way it looks, hell of a lot better than my old Vapochill (POS case). I have seen the lian used and they look real sharp with the prom. :D

I've never had either, but my next move will be a phase change cooling system. How would you rate the Prometeia against the Vapochill SE (new one, 160 watt capacity) with the titanium case?

In other words: How do you like your vapochill?

TheDude
10-13-2002, 11:48 AM
Wish I could answer that, but I have the old vapochill and am trading it for a box of assorted hardware. From all that I have heard and read about both, I decided to go with the Prom from
Xtreme Tek Werkz.
:D

donny_paycheck
10-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Wish I could answer that, but I have the old vapochill and am trading it for a box of assorted hardware. From all that I have heard and read about both, I decided to go with the Prom from
Xtreme Tek Werkz.
:D

Ah, the slotted one. Well, it looks like I'll be getting a Prometeia from xtwerkz sooner or later as well.

QuadDamage
10-17-2002, 11:07 AM
great news:) indeed, the case was ugly as hell. anyway, i don't use cases:toast:

TheDude
10-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know if the Prom will fit under my Koolance case? It would be kinda nice to cool the GPU and NB with the swifty blocks in my Koolance and the CPU with the Prom. The Koolance looks like it might be too narrow? I know it would be kind of a tall case when finished, but I can live with that. Thanks:D

donny_paycheck
10-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Not sure, but I just ordered a black chiller unit w/o case from xtwerkz. :D