PDA

View Full Version : Ummm... holy ***! NITROGEN REFRIGERATION COMPRESSOR, Cryogenic

sysfailur
09-29-2002, 07:40 PM
NITROGEN REFRIGERATION COMPRESSOR, Cryogenic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1770555450

DAYUMMM!!!! I love how it says "use for display purposes only"! Hahha, yeah sure.

dmitriyaz
09-29-2002, 08:38 PM
sys,
i have spotted it 3 or 4 days ago,
and i am actually gonna buy that thing, as soon as i make sure some details.
if you could, please dont pimp it on any other sites,
i am really broke and the least favorable thing for me would be competition.
thanks. :toast:

aenigma
09-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Heh I know someone who used one of those direct die...It worked good other than his cpu cracking from thermal expansion/retraction.But they are known to blow up..His made some hellish noises, so he got rid of it....
I have seen ln2 compressors like that on e-bay a few times now, same exact description even....

dmitriyaz
09-29-2002, 08:45 PM
aenigma,
do you know if it make a lot of noise?
(as compared to regular freezer/AC compressors)..?

aenigma
09-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Well apperantly it is a bit louder than an average reciprocating compressor.But it is tolerable.It has a rattling noise also...

sysfailur
09-30-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
sys,
i have spotted it 3 or 4 days ago,
and i am actually gonna buy that thing, as soon as i make sure some details.
if you could, please dont pimp it on any other sites,
i am really broke and the least favorable thing for me would be competition.
thanks. :toast:

Hehe I won't ;) Just posted here... anyway, only a nut from here would buy that thing :P

EDIT: This thing pwnz my cryofreezer! If you get it for like $200, and it costs like $50,000..... good lord! And here I'm thinknig my $112 Cryofreezer which has a value of like $1750 was a good deal :P

aenigma
09-30-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by sysfailur
Hehe I won't ;) Just posted here... anyway, only a nut from here would buy that thing :P

EDIT: This thing pwnz my cryofreezer! If you get it for like $200, and it costs like $50,000..... good lord! And here I'm thinknig my $112 Cryofreezer which has a value of like $1750 was a good deal :P

Heh I have seen like 2-3 of these things on e-bay sell for about 100 bucks.All of them had the same description and picture as this one too....
That whole 50,000 dollar price tag... Oh sure I believe it :rolleyes:

dmitriyaz
09-30-2002, 01:29 PM
someone bid on it,
and judging by the name, someone from XtremeSystems :mad:
well good freakin luck getting it to work, with propriatory power sourse and all.
heh, i decided not to buy it, because it'll be at least $400 in all the other supplies needed to build a phase change with temperatures that low,
plus, i emailed the guy and asked how noisy it was, and
My friend that hooked his up says it is a lot noisier than regular refrigerator compressor
so nyeh :cool:

Charles Wirth
09-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Snatched for $134.00

The dude lost the bid at 23 seconds and I stepped in.

I was talking with an engineer here and he had a few thoughts on the nitrogen pump. He cliams it is used to replace used fuel in the tank to prevent the tanks from collapsing when the fighter drops from high altitude. Older jets used to carry LN2 in huge tanks to perform the same function like on the SR-71 blackbird.

There is th possibility that it is used for a LN2 plant (http://www.cryomech.com/lnp.html).

Here is a closer diagram (http://www.ortec-online.com/detectors/photon/b5_1.htm) matching the setup.

I also picked up a dewar, it should be shipping this week.

Lastly here is a link to the procedure for handling LN2 (http://www.ornl.gov/reports/m/ornlm3063r1/pt9.html)

Charles Wirth
09-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah, www.airgas.com has a location less than 1 mile from my house.

My plan is to keep my existing game machine intact and use my second machine for xtremebenching. I am making the change to LN2 capable benching.

TheDude
09-30-2002, 02:23 PM
I placed a hundred dollar high bid...wasn't willing to go higher than that.. for a hundred, I would have played with it. good luck with it...let us know how it works out:D

Was that you who got it Fugger?

Congrats :toast:

Charles Wirth
09-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Yea, I did some research first before bidding. I am almost positive it was used to move LN2 into the fuel tanks (see "closer diagram" above).

most likly novelty item, power supply will not be a problem, fittings might be problem.

Convert a waterblock to a LN2 block and use a dewar with correct valves to complete the loop?

Any input from the LN2 guys who are lurking and most likely laughing?

TheDude
09-30-2002, 04:04 PM

lol yeah I thought the same thing...hell...have some fun with it, if nothing else, you will learn a lot from the experience!:D

dmitriyaz
09-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by FUGGER
i highly doubt it,
no offence to anyone, but it doesn't take much brains to pour LN2 in a cup. :rolleyes:
making a phase change out of it, on the other hand, is very competence requiring.
so FUGGER, you da man!

Charles Wirth
09-30-2002, 04:26 PM
I have several engineers to fall back on for information.

Lots of LN2 for sale in Vegas, making the LN2 blocks for CPU and GPU (pouring by cup method) should be snap for me.

Maybe give Finland and Japan some competition from the US.

Preventer
09-30-2002, 05:37 PM
I have several engineers to fall back on for information

Be advised that Engineers do make mistakes to....

:flame:

Good luck to you!

|PuNiSh3R|
10-01-2002, 06:31 PM
bang