PDA

View Full Version : Temperature monitoring questions (Calling all electronic gurus!)

sysfailur
09-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Alright, I got some questions. I am looking for an ULTIMATE temperature monitoring program / device / all in one "thing".

I know that MBM5 would be the ideal program to monitor temperatures. I have a second monitor that I run that in to always keep an eye on temps and whatnot. But, I need more temp monitoring capabilities. Currently I'm stuck with JUST the cpu and "system" temp which basically does nothing for me because I don't even have my computer in a case, so it's giving me my room temp... (LIKE I GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT THAT! :P)

What I'm looking for is a device where I can plug in all my lovely thermal probes that I bought that will give me temperatures all the way down to -100C. This is in preperation for my Cryofreezer which I'm sure you've all seen. I'm looking for something that can handle up to like 15 probes let's say.

Is it possible to modify a DigiDoc 5 to give me these features? Or perhaps two DigiDoc 5's. Yes, now that I think of it. Two DigiDoc 5's would work wonderfly BUT, I need the ability to get lower temps. The DigiDoc 5 can only go to 0C! WTF! If there is an electronics guru out there, I'd pay to have 2 DigiDoc 5's modified so they will display/detect ~ -100C temps.

If you know for sure you can do it. Email me @ zack@maximumoc.com and post in here.

Or if you know where I can buy something that can monitor what I'm asking for let me know as well. THANK YOU !

hallowen
09-29-2002, 06:33 PM
http://www.omega.com/toc_asp/subsectionSC.asp?subsection=M03&book=Temperature

May help you somewhat in looking for a multiple temp measuring system, but not very cheap prices!

Just trying to give you some info.:)

septimus
09-29-2002, 08:12 PM
The Digital Doc 5 is calibrated somehow to sense a particular resistance from the thermistors (probes) and report, based on a special algorithm, a certain temperature. What you might try is contact the peeps behind the digidoc and see if they can custom program something for you... or you try one of haloween's things :)

sysfailur
09-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by septimus
The Digital Doc 5 is calibrated somehow to sense a particular resistance from the thermistors (probes) and report, based on a special algorithm, a certain temperature. What you might try is contact the peeps behind the digidoc and see if they can custom program something for you... or you try one of haloween's things :)

Well, monday I'm gonna contact my neighbor who works @ lucent and see if he could help me out. If he can't I'll check other sources.