PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling advice

V I P E R
04-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Hello to everyone.
I'm planning to build a wetercooling rig. For now I'm planning to use these components:
1. Asetek Antarctica 1/2' ID “Push on” fittings
2. Reservoir (it will be custom made to mach in my case) with 1/2' ID “Push on” fittings
3. Asetek Control Unit DYO – CTU01 – incl. SafeStart™ and NoiseControl™
4. Pump Hydor L30 or Swiftech MCP 600 with 1/2' ID “Push on” fittings
5. Tubes 1/2' OD
6. Radiator - it will be custom made with 10mm ID copper tubes with alloy ribs for 2x80mm fans - I'll use 2x Smartfan 2 @ max

So what you think of this setup. Are alll sizes OK? Can it handle I'f I add later a VGA and Chipset block?
Can you give me advice for optimising the system?
Recommend me some other parts if I'm wrong somewhere. I don't want to change the block because it has one big advantage over others ... I can mount it on every platform - A64/Intel or AXP so this is very important to me. Also I will want to put everything in my case ... thats why I will use 2x80mm radiator .. I will want to put it at the back of my case where I have 2 80mm exaust holes.

Thank you in advance for the help.

V I P E R
04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Can you give me some links of online shops where I can find the following radiators:
1. heater core from an ’86 Chevette
2. Dtek Procore 7X6”
3. single pass heater core from a ’76 Chevy truck without air conditioning (12”X6”)
4. Thermochills

And also tell me can I buy 1 and 3 online or I should start looking for the 1 and 4 only.
I also decided to use 120x120 or 240x120 radiator with one or two Deltas 150CFM so please recommend to me a good radiator.