PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions on an a/c chiller..

trueplaya4ever8
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
i have messing with an on old 7200btu window a/c, i was wondering were i can get a few thing like temperature monitor, a pipe bender. I will go get some size dimensions of the evaporator out of my garage tommorow, so you can help me select a container for the coolant ;). it seems to run good its doesnt have a problem frosting up in florida weather (good?).. soon i will need some help selecting a pump and the other necesities.. i guess my overall goal would be around -20C.
thanks

Slickthellama
04-20-2004, 06:55 PM
temperature monitors can be found on www.ebay.com, or www.timemotiontools.com. The pipe bender is not a good idea unless you are hardcore because they are expensive :eek: . What you can do is take springs and slide them over the tubing, then bend the tubing at the area where the spring is slipped over it. This will prevent kinks from forming. But you need to do it slowly. or you can buy prebent stuff. Either way, you are better off not buying a pipe bender. -20C shouldn't be too hard with all the info we have here on the forums. Not to mention the wealth of highly inteligent members.