PDA

View Full Version : is it me or is online gaming going down the gutter?

Çhrist0ph
04-18-2004, 06:33 PM
These days, it is so hard to find a good server. Although I play mostly only Battlefield '42 and BF mods online, its getting harder to find servers that arent infected with immature a$$holes who tk like mad and talk like 8th graders. I am so fing tired of ppl like this who play on servers only to disrupt the game. What the hell happend to just enjoying the game and working together? For example, i just disconnected myself from a BF: DC server because i was tired of the more than half-a-dozen :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s who thought it was funny to tk anyone who crossed their path...

at this rate, im gonna start playing with bots pretty soon...

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :frag: :frag: :frag: :frag:

piercedandtatto
04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
yes, this is definately a problem.....I havent noticed as much in battlefield Vietname as i did in BFDC. I either play in my server or a server that I host, therefore i can either boot them or ask the renter of the server to boot them for me :)

Çhrist0ph
04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
is your server pretty active? if so lmk ;)

MAJT
04-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Ya, lots of gamers nowadays are younger kids, with immature habbits like tking. You just gotta find a good server and you should be fine. Clan servers are some good choices for team players.

ocmyface
04-26-2004, 07:44 AM
yes, definately play in clan servers where the clan people are old and mature, then they boot the little kids

just the other day in CS this little (not joking) 12 year old kid was screaming at everyone and cussing everyone out anc telling us we were all "cut" and that we sucked

Assasin-uk
04-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Its soooo true...

lots of kids around TKing etc etc...

We just dont alow any of that kinda crap at all on our server...

unless its by us and the excuse is the member is drunk...:toast:

XIO Server | Reflex =RECRUITING|30ms|195.177.244.135:14567

Check our BFV server out, if there is no XIO players around and you get a problem player pm or email me.

As we the clan players pay for it, it mean we take no sh1t at all.

Çhrist0ph
05-02-2004, 04:47 PM
well, ive found the ultimate server for my needs. I only play BF: EoD atm, and Ninjaserve has a very nice EoD server. Its so good its almost always full though:p:

LoudHoward
05-05-2004, 11:18 AM
You guys should come play with the gaming community in South Africa.

You think its bad having a twelve year old on the server? Try a twenty year old admin acting like a twelve year old. No, worse. Give a toddler with nappy rash admin powers, thats what its like.

Bunch of idiots mostly. UT2004 doesn't have that though. CS and all other half life mods are affected.

You should see how strict they got on tk'ing, it has become totally ridiculous, the game can't progress because people are constantly being kicked for teamkilling. Whats worse than having a twelve year old TK you every 5 minutes? Simple, have the twelve year do it and be let off because the guys who play a lot like him. I swear, its bloody high-school gangs all over again. It is the most immature pathetic rubbish you will ever be subjected to.

Also, a new thing on most of our Day of Defeat (half-life mod) servers is that no swearing is allowed. Not bad you say? Well, its a game set in WW2. You run around shooting each other. 'pistol' is considered a swear word because of the 'pis' in it. The worst part is that it won't just give you a bunch of ***** it will prevent your WHOLE SENTECE from being displayed.

Too annoying for words.

Sorry about the rant. :(

WesM63
05-05-2004, 12:10 PM
BF 1942 & BF1942 DC, BF:Vietnam

pcgamersclub.com - IP: 205.245.84.143

Runs on a dedicated T1, Single Opteron 240, 1Gb Reg Ecc, 80gb sata primary drive. This server rox!

Home to =PGC= and (S&D) Clans.

DumDum83
05-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ocmyface
yes, definately play in clan servers where the clan people are old and mature, then they boot the little kids

Edited by Kazoo - Flaming

piercedandtatto
05-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes i do take gaming very seriously.... I run www.DATSGamingServer.com I am a joint cheif of staff of my battlefield vietnam clan. We have practices scrimmages and play OGL ladder matches. We have a web site, forums and a rank structure..... I also make alot of money off hard core gamers like myself. Some people collect stamps, others race cars.... i online game:stick:

piercedandtatto
05-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Çhrist0ph
is your server pretty active? if so lmk ;)

I have an operation irving 24/7 server that stays packed all day. i also have several i host that stay busy

My Operation Irving server: 69.13.37.100
[SAG] Clan server: 69.93.209.28
Punishement Inc clan server: 69.93.132.133

Those are just a few but i have many bfv servers running. ill try to get a list.

My servers are hosted on either duel 2.4 xeon 1 gig ram 10mb connnection. Or duel 3.2 xeons 533 fsb 1 mb cache. 2 gigs ram 100 mb connection

XanderF
05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
I play mostly only Battlefield '42 and BF mods online, its getting harder to find servers that arent infected with immature a$$holes who tk like mad and talk like 8th graders

OR, you could play a game whose style does not cater to '8th graders'.

For shooters "Americas Army" is a good one. When you die, you have to sit out the rest of the round.

The tk-ing, l33t-speaking, script kiddies just don't have the attention span for that.

Also, try non-shooters. You won't find any immature 8th graders playing an online IL-2 Sturmovik campaign, or flying air cover over Crimea in Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

Similary, 'Sub Command', 'Fleet Command', etc - all tend to draw more mature players.

I mean, if you play a game that ENCOURAGES spawning and rushing the enemy, ENCOURAGES having an A.D.D.-like attention span and response time, and takes a popular theme or era and simplifies it enough that a 12-yeard old could handle it.....

Well, what do you THINK is going to happen?

(And, of course, game devs know their decisions target games at kids more than adults. After all, who spends more money on video games?)

Çhrist0ph
05-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by XanderF

For shooters "Americas Army" is a good one. When you die, you have to sit out the rest of the round.

The tk-ing, l33t-speaking, script kiddies just don't have the attention span for that.

Also, try non-shooters. You won't find any immature 8th graders playing an online IL-2 Sturmovik campaign, or flying air cover over Crimea in Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

Similary, 'Sub Command', 'Fleet Command', etc - all tend to draw more mature players.

I mean, if you play a game that ENCOURAGES spawning and rushing the enemy, ENCOURAGES having an A.D.D.-like attention span and response time, and takes a popular theme or era and simplifies it enough that a 12-yeard old could handle it.....

(And, of course, game devs know their decisions target games at kids more than adults. After all, who spends more money on video games?)

ugh. but BF is soooo fun....

piercedandtatto
05-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by XanderF

LOL... if this is catered to 8th graders then why are 8 of my clan members between the ages of 30 and 38. The clan we just played in the OGL 8v8 ladder had an average age of 33.

John Cena
05-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Well I played Counterstrike, my team pked me for no reason. So I started pking everyone of them and everybody was killing each other. Every CS game I join, my team ALWAYS pk me. So i got tired of CS too, Now i Play Wolfenstein Enemy Terrotory(awsome)

piercedandtatto
05-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by John Cena
Well I played Counterstrike, my team pked me for no reason. So I started pking everyone of them and everybody was killing each other. Every CS game I join, my team ALWAYS pk me. So i got tired of CS too, Now i Play Wolfenstein Enemy Terrotory(awsome)

I just rent out an et server a while back 69.13.37.98.

XanderF
05-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by piercedandtatto
LOL... if this is catered to 8th graders then why are 8 of my clan members between the ages of 30 and 38. The clan we just played in the OGL 8v8 ladder had an average age of 33.

Well, see, you're from Ohio and all. No accounting for some people's taste. :p:

(Born and raised NE of Cleveland, myself - just moved out of the state 4 months ago...)

afireinside
05-30-2004, 08:51 PM

Am I supposed to take that as an insult? :p:

But yea good people are getting harder and harder to find. I have yet to find another good clan for the summer that actually plays and trys to win :stick:

piercedandtatto
05-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by afireinside
Am I supposed to take that as an insult? :p:

But yea good people are getting harder and harder to find. I have yet to find another good clan for the summer that actually plays and trys to win :stick:

What game do you play?

John Cena
05-31-2004, 05:24 AM
I havent played RTWC Enemy Teorrity for a long time. Just to see if I'm stil good, I played it last night. Within 1 minute of in the game, I fragged over 6 people. Good to see I still have the "Gift"

afireinside
05-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Counter-Strike and DiabloII right now... If I fix my damned computer I'm gona reinstall UT2k4 and see how thats going now...

XanderF
05-31-2004, 03:25 PM
Sub Command, IL-2, Tribes 2....not many kids playing these.

Çhrist0ph
05-31-2004, 04:58 PM
i got kicked from a server last nite...because i typed in CAPS
:stick:

I was pissed because some a$$hole thought it would be funny to let me get in a humvee(BF:DC)...so he could drive it off a cliff with me in it

:frag:

benonmsn
06-09-2004, 04:33 PM
i get kicked alot, pretty much cuase im top 100 of all bfv players, check out chad buntworth on bf tracks. i think tkers are funny, and i enjoy the show. and sorry, i love driving off cliffs with people in vehicles from time to time tho =) i dont find it hard to find servers with non idiots in it tho, especially in bfv, dc is a lil harder, just use big servers..30+ people, usually moderated and idiots get kicked