PDA

View Full Version : Ic7-g

jll
04-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought a Qtec 550w PSU to plug to my board. I already had a Chieftec 420w PSU that was working well with the board.

I hooked up the power cable to the board as the little one near the mems, one to my 9800pro card and when I powered up the board didn't gave any kind of POST. I found it strange and checked everything and the cables were all OK.

Picked up my old 420w and put everything back to place, connected the board and got POST and bios.

Ok, I thought, maybe the 550w PSU wasn't very well hooked, so tryed again the Qtec PSU and again nothing ocoured.

Switched again to my chieftec PSU and now it won't even boot, but the board has energy, because the green led maintains active.

Did the board "broke"? May I need to RMA it? Anyone had this problem and could fix it?

Please help.

Thanks,

Best wishes

Jorge Lopes

PS: I dont know if here is the best spot to put this post, but as it is Abit support I decided to put it here, if you need to move the post go ahead.

jll
04-13-2004, 08:27 AM
BUMP!!!!!

Anybody help me!

Abit support, anything related with my problem you already got?

Bye

Jorge Lopes

migginz
04-15-2004, 09:11 AM
yeah the Q-tec 550w is a really really really bad PSU, I've repaired 3 pc's which have had these PSU's and 2 of them had blown capacitors in the PSU itself.

its not even 550w, thats its peak rating, a good 350w Macron PSU is much better and the chiftec you have a million times better, I even have a 250w PSU here that runs a 9800pro, 2 HDD a CD-RW and an XP-2000 which a q-tec fluctuates and buggers up with.

jll
04-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by migginz
yeah the Q-tec 550w is a really really really bad PSU, I've repaired 3 pc's which have had these PSU's and 2 of them had blown capacitors in the PSU itself.

its not even 550w, thats its peak rating, a good 350w Macron PSU is much better and the chiftec you have a million times better, I even have a 250w PSU here that runs a 9800pro, 2 HDD a CD-RW and an XP-2000 which a q-tec fluctuates and buggers up with.

Ok migginz thanks, I'll check it out!

Thought the new PSU would give me a better and stable Vmem, because I was only getting 2.75v when the bios was set to 2.8v.

Bye

Jorge Lopes

Ancient_1
04-17-2004, 02:43 PM
That could be it but my money is on the radeon. I had a 9700AIW that would pop the PS in my shuttle but worked ok in my main PC with a 400watt antec. Well I upgraded it to a 550 tru control and it started to happen again. To check to see if that is your problem leave the floppy power connector off when you 1st boot up and just 1~2 seconds after connect it b4 you get the message that its not hooked up. (doing it that way it would work fine in the shuttle) I have 3 9700&9800 AIW and 1 9700 pro and it was just the one that caused the problem.

A while ago I foud a link to a site that I saw amny people had the same problem so its not an isolated thing.

And I am sure my 550 trocontrol is a better PS than my older 400.

That card is in for rma right now. Untill I got the 550 I thought was just the 200 in my shuttle that was a problem since ATI recomends a 350.

jll
04-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ancient_1
That could be it but my money is on the radeon. I had a 9700AIW that would pop the PS in my shuttle but worked ok in my main PC with a 400watt antec. Well I upgraded it to a 550 tru control and it started to happen again. To check to see if that is your problem leave the floppy power connector off when you 1st boot up and just 1~2 seconds after connect it b4 you get the message that its not hooked up. (doing it that way it would work fine in the shuttle) I have 3 9700&9800 AIW and 1 9700 pro and it was just the one that caused the problem.

A while ago I foud a link to a site that I saw amny people had the same problem so its not an isolated thing.

And I am sure my 550 trocontrol is a better PS than my older 400.

That card is in for rma right now. Untill I got the 550 I thought was just the 200 in my shuttle that was a problem since ATI recomends a 350.

Ancient_1,

thanks for the response, do you think it's my 9800pro radeon? :(
I've tryed to change to a 9600xt, and the same happened! No boot!

Bye,

Jorge Lopes