PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry issues?

Conflict
04-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Wodnering if anyone has had any major issues with Far Cry becoming EXTREMELY slow on a gaming rig that should have NO problems running it...

I am running far cry on a AMD 3200 oc to 2400mhz
1 gig pc3200 ram
tried both a geForce 4 Ti 4200 and a GeForce FX 5600

In my opinion this rig should handle a game rather well...never ever ever had an issue with any other game i have thrown at it...

Wondering if i am having a hardware issue or if this is common

sky
04-12-2004, 06:06 AM
what settings are you running?
thing is a ti4200 or fx5600 aren't the fastet cards to beginn with - even if mr ti4... may think otherwise. if you want to run it at very high everything better step up to a fx59xx or 9800.
i run a dlt3c 1700 @2316 and a 9800pro->xt with 1g ch5 and so far it works like a charm but for the one single major slow down i experienced about 10 mins ago. for no apparent reason at the end of the regulator level the game went slooooo. you're in an open space the shape of an "8". the "islands" inside the 8 are fenced areas a little higher than the rest where you're opponents lurk. nothing spectacular there. but in some spots there the games slows down badly and yup i've installed the 1.1 patch (that's supposed to speed all of this up). you can ease that slowdown if you switch to cry-vision.. wtf???

Daywalker
04-12-2004, 06:14 AM
It's your video card, Far Cry requires high end graphics to run with high details, AA/AF and such. The rest of your system looks good.

Conflict
04-12-2004, 06:39 AM
All the settings were at medium.
hmmm...well..i really enjoy this game...i may have to end up lowering all of the graphic settings just to play it

Daywalker
04-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Conflict
All the settings were at medium.
hmmm...well..i really enjoy this game...i may have to end up lowering all of the graphic settings just to play it

Yes, the game is extremely demanding. Like sky said, a 5900U/5950U or a 9800 Pro/XT is needed to shine in this game. ATI is preferred for DX9 features, NVIDIA runs the game better in OpenGL mode.

The next gen cards should be great on this.

Conflict
04-12-2004, 09:28 AM
well i turned the AA off, something from Trilinear to Bilienear and then turned the lighting down to low..not a problem at all now

I had to stop playing for awhile cuz i was too frustrated

I am on the level where ya have to wait and defend your self while the guy hacks the code to open the door...well i fought off everyone and blew up both helicopters...but i can't find the keycard anywhere...searched for 2 hours str8. GRRR..i hate when they make games sooo challenging ya have to wuit so ya don;t snap..lol

sky
04-12-2004, 10:42 AM
man hide in the tower close to where you enter that fort. the entrance to a passage underneath the platform should be close. once you kill all people, the door should be open - i don't think you need a keycard to enter there. the guy you've contact with over the radio hacks it from wherever he is.
i remember playing the demo and shootin the guy at that door and then thinking "nice catch idiot - you just shot your key to inside the bunker, pfff" - but that isn't the case. all of this should take around 5 mins. btw next to the bunker entrance (the one with the door) is a stairway down. there's another tunnel on the left with a flak-vest.. useful. those tunnels are good hiding spots while some ship is shooting mortatfire at that fort... once all enemies are done, you should get a radiomessage telling you the bunker is clear and you can enter - easy as that ;)

Conflict
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
no thats not the issue..i have gotten in without a problem..to clear that board ya have to blow up the gas engine in the area where he hacks the door open.

In order to blow it up ya have to get a detonation device which is in a gated area which ya need a keycard to enter...the keycard is somewhere on the island and i can;t for the life of me find it..

Daywalker
04-12-2004, 03:20 PM
I think I found an explosive pack on a table sopmewhere on that level - didn'e need a keycard.

Could be wrong.

Conflict
04-12-2004, 03:49 PM
no you for sure need a keycard to get the pack. I cans ee it on the shelf in the gated area

sinn
04-13-2004, 09:52 AM
the guy you shoot in the room to the left inside that building has the keycard, also, you can use the rocket launcher to blow up the ships launching the mortars

Conflict
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
well see i did the board a bunch of times and i always went in shooting the gy in the room talking to the big screen...well this time i threw a grenade in and the card was there..haha

On the next level now...crazy game..loving it
The hang glider part was awesome!

LikwidKool
04-15-2004, 08:59 PM
I am about to finsih it, and I have had a great time. wait till nearing the end when one of those creatures just materializes in front of you. They are invisible until you shoot them, and can only see them with cry vision. I wasn't expecting it, and was told to watch out for strange things on the radio and all of the sudden. ARRRRGGGHH! I jumped out of my seat! Man doom is gonna be fun!;)

Conflict
04-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Yea i think i am on the last level right now..Level 13 Cooler.....everything seems like it is ust about over...looking to meet up with the chick somewhere..i keep going through a big room that has a huge blue hologram of one of those monsters