PDA

View Full Version : User Profiles? Need Help Faaast!!!

FlyingHamster
04-11-2004, 06:23 PM
:help:

ok well I was trying to get both this laptop and my other pc to be on the same Workgroup (MSHOME) so I could LAN with my friend. before, this laptop, was in another Workgroup and not MSHOME, so I went to control panel > system > computer name > change > then selected Workgroup since it was not selected, and typed MSHOME. Then it asked me to put in a user name and password so I could connect to MSHOME, and I did so (used my name and pw that I use on the PC), and rebooted.

thats where the problems started. now when I sign on this username on this laptop, I only have the priviliges of a Guest Account, so I can do hardly anything. I cant even go back to System and changed my Workgroup, because it says I dont have the "sufficient privileges" etc etc. Everything has changed.. MS Outlook doesnt remember my account, AIM has changed, MSN messenger.. its like being on a new computer.. but everything was fine on this account before I rebooted.

my question is, how can I stay in MSHOME, but get back this account to become an "Administrator" account like it was before??? this is really important because im going on a business trip tomorrow with this laptop and need to check email, etc..

thanks in advance. :help:

FlyingHamster
04-11-2004, 07:05 PM
ok I got it working thanks to mjollnir. :)

Originally posted by Mjollnir on 04-11-2004 at 09:32 PM
Once you are in, Open the RUN box in the Start Menu and type compmgmt.msc. In there, go to Local Users and Groups then Users. Double-click on the username that you want to use, and then select the Member of tab. Click the Add button and type in Administrators - click Check Name and then click OK. Log out and then log in using the account you want to use.