PDA

View Full Version : Antec P-160...

=w=
04-10-2004, 07:50 PM
How does it stand as a case? Or should I splurge for the Silverstone SST-TJ03B? I'm going to be running a water system, so I need my space.

=w=
04-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Come on people, some replies would be nice.

Speed_Mechanic
04-11-2004, 06:22 PM
The SST-TJ03 is overpriced, unless you had more money then sense I wouldn't think much anyone would recommend it.

The P160 is a good case, at ~$100 it's not too costy, and it's larger then the standard Lian-Li or CoolerMaster aluminum mid-tower.

dobbz
04-18-2004, 05:18 AM
ive had the P160 for about a month now and its awesome. i never gave a crap about cases before-- they just sat under the desk and held parts together.

then around xmas i started thinking about new machine, how broke i was and how i'd have to buy cheap and overclock, which lead to cooling and case fans, and i realized how awesome a 172mm would look on a case. well, not my cramped beige POS.

i had seen the P160 in rig pics, but pictures dont do it justice. i saw one at CompUSA for $150 and after i got my hands all over it i said fuggit and paid the 150.

i love it. by far the nicest case ive seen, including all the Lian-Li's ive handled at different stores. its got all details taken care of; very roomy, rounded edges, thumbscrews, sliding grommet'ed HD mounts, normal sliding mounts for other drives, two 120mm fan mounts, perfect removable mobo tray- slides and lifts with a handle, secures with a thumbscrew (i dropped in my mobo with a giant Zalman 7000, and every other component and cable already in the case and didnt touch a thing). same thing with the front fan mount.

im sure most quality cases have all this stuff, but the P160 just looks so sick. its got two temp probes and digital readout at top of the bezel too.

=w=
04-20-2004, 05:46 PM
With the front and rear 120mm fan, would I be able to say mount a radiator on the fan holes? Or do the gromets stop this from happening in the rear? And does the HDD cage block the fan from the front?

dobbz
04-22-2004, 09:10 PM
There's plenty of room in the rear. If somehow there isn't, you can mount it outside and run the hose through a rear card slot.

=w=
04-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Can I mount the radiator WITH the grometts on? Or can I screw the fan in?

jinu117
05-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by =w=
Can I mount the radiator WITH the grometts on? Or can I screw the fan in?
Rear one doesn't have grommet... It has elastic fan mount which is way too soft.
You can screw fan in.
Most of rad will have to go outside of case though.
I use air cooling ATM and noticed to keep it quiet (not interest of many here I bet) I think I need another intake 120mm probably from bottom running at 5v too. (case do have room for it). Will put caster and put 120mm with filter in coming week whenever I feel like shutting down my system :P