PDA

View Full Version : Dehumidifier to chill water?

Prandtl
04-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you could help identified the compressor this humidifier unit use based on this spec sheet? Any info will be welcome. Also, you guys think it will be enough to cool the water coming from a tec cooled amd? I'm assuming a total of 300W from my TEC (Qmax=226W@15.2V, but supplied with 12V) + cpu combo, is that a somewhat good approximate?

If image is not clear enough let me know.

Blergo
04-09-2004, 10:29 AM
R510?.... i have a dehumidifier im useing as a waterchiller that is based on an old dehumidifier that was and still is running R12. might regass it sometime with R290 though. I think mabey people wont be able to tell which compresor that uses though unless you take a picture of the label thats actually on the compressor. what sort of temps are you hopeing for?

Prandtl
04-09-2004, 01:13 PM
actually, that's a 0, so it is R500. And I cant see the label on the compressor, it's hidden, but as soon as i get some time to unmount the whole thing, i'll post a pic of it, if i am still unsure of what it is.
As for temp, i am hoping for 0-5°C with the 300W load.
I wont be able to actually build the chiller until my final exams are done tho in a 3 weeks :(

Gary Lloyd
04-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I have a jug of R500 sitting in my garage collecting dust. Been there for about 20 years or so. :D

Prandtl
04-09-2004, 04:24 PM
lol, ok so i guess that means it ain't very good?

Gary Lloyd
04-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually, it is a little better for our purposes than R12 or R134a, but not as good as R22.

kayl
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
if you run the tec at around 9v as compared to 15v can bring that heat load down.
i only notice 1-2 degs with a 9v supply as compared to 13.5v
with a cpu heatload of around 100w what eva chiller h2o temp is is similar to what i see at the cpu (only using motherboard senser though so is most probly incorrect).
with a higher cpu wattage the tec cant seem to keep up
and cpu temp rises

Prandtl
04-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by kayl
if you run the tec at around 9v as compared to 15v can bring that heat load down.
i only notice 1-2 degs with a 9v supply as compared to 13.5v
with a cpu heatload of around 100w what eva chiller h2o temp is is similar to what i see at the cpu (only using motherboard senser though so is most probly incorrect).
with a higher cpu wattage the tec cant seem to keep up
and cpu temp rises

That's interesting as i will probably ended up powering my TEC with old AT psu run in parallel, so I might as well plus 2 in serie (5 and 3.3V rail) and see what i get with 8.3V... Doing some calculation, I found out that the sweet spot of a TEC assembly (ideal voltage) is heavily dependant on the wb you are using to cool it (and how you mount it - ie how much pressure). Thanks for the tip.