PDA

View Full Version : 3.2EE @ 3.8Ghz at 28C idle!

freecableguy
04-06-2004, 07:19 AM
Now before you say SO WHAT. Realize a couple of things:

1) this is with an Abit IC7-MAX3 board...so it's much higher than ASUS would report (who know's which is right)
2) this is with a custom WC setup
3) this chip is getting 1.8V and is still chilly!
4) full load temps are approximately 38C!

I will upload pictures of the WC setup soon.

-kris

Reflex1
04-06-2004, 10:57 AM
...u do know neither Abit or Asus boards report temps. correctly
lez c this WC rig ;)

DazzXP
04-07-2004, 01:50 AM
My MSI board seems to report them correctly and i would say ASUS's doesn't I've seen 40C on an ASUS board with an P42.8C @3.5Ghz & stock HSF which i can tell you this is far from the truth you will find it running closer to above 60C!!!

KennethChong
04-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by DazzXP
My MSI board seems to report them correctly and i would say ASUS's doesn't I've seen 40C on an ASUS board with an P42.8C @3.5Ghz & stock HSF which i can tell you this is far from the truth you will find it running closer to above 60C!!!

Thats pretty much the general thing. Asus temps are usualy way off..

Anyway, sounds like a good set up man, im waiting to see those pics!

freecableguy
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
This should wet your appetite...sorry for the :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:ty camera...I know, I sucks.

Overall shot of the work...
http://home.comcast.net/~kjboughton/1.JPG

Hiding my P4EE at 3.8Ghz!
http://home.comcast.net/~kjboughton/2.JPG

You can see here how the pump and the rad work together...
http://home.comcast.net/~kjboughton/3.JPG

You can see how I custom mounted the pump on sound isolation bumpers and got the Thermochill HE120.2 to fit in the top of the case. I used a hole saw to make those perfect circles. Actually turned out really good for my first watercooling rig.

I have more pictures that I will upload and share later, this is good for now...unless I have a lot of requests for more.

-kris

ShoNuff
04-23-2004, 06:14 AM
Wow...your results are impressive given the fact that you are running your EE proc at 1.8v and getting those temps!

To put that in perspective, I have the same proc running at 1.7v and my temps idle around 42c and max out at 50c full load on the Max3.

I am going to get a new cpu block soon. Look at the NexXxus HP Pro. I was also looking at the Rad you have. Just read a review and it performed very well. How did you mount it to the LianLi? My case (I have the original version of the PC-75) has two support rails at the top. Does yours?

Again, awesome setup:toast:

ScrillA
04-26-2004, 04:29 PM
How long do you plan on running that chip @ 1.8v?

Fpsfreak
04-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Nice setup! Couple of questions. I just purchased this case here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34180 it's the first and second posts. Would it be possible for you to post some nice clear well lit pics of your radiator setup? Almost exactly what I'm thinking of doing.

Is it really neccesary to run the EE at those volts? I only ask becuase my 3.0 did 3600+ on air at stock volts 100% stable. I understand your at the top of the stack as far as core speeds go so is that the reason? How is that EE? Nice?

Again, very nice setup. Thanks for the help if you post some more pics

S_I_N
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
I see ur secret :p: you dont have it powered up and 28c is the ambient temps :p: lol nice job

I said the above cause i can see you have no psu in it at the moent so just joking wit ya

KennethChong
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Clean job on the case!

DazzXP
04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Damn thoses pipes are huge!

freecableguy
06-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Will post some more pics soon with a little write-up on how to mount a radiator to the top of a Lian-Li case. It was tricky and took a lot of thought....

megahurtz-oc
06-07-2004, 01:37 PM
-20c full load 1.80 volts. 4ghz

John Cena
06-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I have the Lian-LI PC75B.

Where is your powersupply? I relocated the HD bays above the PSU and the rad where the hd bays were.

Btw, ASUS p4p800 deluxe reports my cpu temp as 12 Celcius Idle.

freecableguy
06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
My PSU is in the normal place....back of the tower under the rad. It is not shown in these pictures. I like having my rad up high and exhausting out the top of the case. Gets all the hot air out and leave a lot of room for everything else in the case.

BTW, I think that ASUS MB is reporting your temps a little wrong! ;)