PDA

View Full Version : New GPU Block....higher temps?

Frost_Bite
04-05-2004, 07:15 AM
I recently installed a Maze4 GPU block onto my 9800XT, and it went great. I couldn't run my tubes like I wanted them (stupid ClearFlex60), and i think its hurting my performance.

Here's how its setup:

Pump Out -> Rad In -> Rad out -> Rez In -> Rez Out -> GPU In -> GPU Out -> CPU In -> CPU Out -> Pump In

I know the 9800XT gives off alot of heat, but my temps have risen 7C under load since the install. Before I was loading at 35C, whereas now I'm loading at 42C. I'm using a small amount of AS5 and Zerex coolant in my water. Do you guys think I should try and re-route my tubes, or is the order really gonna matter? I'd like to get my temps back down, so please help!

BTW: Is Tygon tubing alot more flexible than ClearFlex60? I need tubing that will not kink easily and can turn a very tight bend.

TheWeaseL
04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm guessing the temp that rose was your cpu, yes?

You do need to re route your tubes. My cpu temp under load after halo for a couple hours is around 35~36, with a room temp around 70F, my system being a mobile 2500 @ 225x11.5 using 2v, 9800XT @ 450/389...and my setup is larger:

Pump > HC1 > HC2 > CPU > GPU > NB > Res > Pump, and I have an external box, so there is about 3 feet of tube one way from the water box to my pc...This is all being pumped by one via aqua 1300, so you for sure have a routing issue.

If you can, try for: Pump > rad > cpu > gpu > res > Pump...Or another suitable setup woud be: Pump > cpu > gpu > rad > res > pump, although I think the first route I mentioned is best, as you get the coolest water to the cpu, vs the little bit of heat the pump adds into it.

Not sure about the tubin honestly...you probably would be better off getting some 90 degree connectors vs the current routing you have IMO...

Frost_Bite
04-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the help. I think the tygon tubing is alot more flexible and I've seen pics of it bent around a quarter without kinking. I'm gonna switch my CPUs tonight, so I'll try to re-route the hoses.

Andrew
04-05-2004, 09:05 AM
It is the res.

Move it to right before your pump.
pump > blocks > rad > res > pump.

or in your case
pump > rad > blocks > res > pump