PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy heatercores online?

Unoid
04-01-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm interested in buy an automotive heatercore yet all the online site slike pepboys autozone etc are all crpa and I cna't find anything useful.

anyone got a good online distro with a REAL search engine where i don't ahv eto select what freaking care i have ( lian li AMD card) lol

Andrew
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I found the same problem, so I went to the local NAPA store and the guy just handed me a catalog.

It was great. The catalog shows heater core pictures with inlet and outlet sizes, dimensions, and the cars that it works with. The only thing that it did not have was prices.

Actually I must say that once the guy in the store found out that I was going to be cooling a computer with water he was so intrigued that he couldn't do enough for me. He even invited me to go back to the parts area and he opened up a bunch of the boxes with heater cores just to let me see.

It was well worth the trip.

Unoid
04-01-2004, 10:09 AM
doubt they'd be as nice in the republic of massachusetts. communist state and all...

Reflex1
04-01-2004, 11:59 AM
dont be lazy and go search for one ...otherwise get a BIX or so (which is wot i got, since im also lazy).

check out the DD heatercore ...u can buy dat online. also look at ebay ...some ppl have found great rads there ...sometimes for 1 buck!

best option is to just go to a local auto part store, or a junkyard.

Unoid
04-01-2004, 02:15 PM
not a matter of lazy, I shoudln't have to search like a madman through funky databases.

I don't want a pre-made watercooling one, I got a black ice pro already.

Çhrist0ph
04-01-2004, 06:27 PM
i got mine off of ebay for 17.00 shipped.
you can find hundreds of them on ebay in a sorts of sizes.

Weapon
04-01-2004, 09:46 PM
what size heatercore do you need?

single 120mm fan or dual?

gimme a little more info... :confused:

:D

Unoid
04-02-2004, 08:19 AM
ebay, good idea.

I don't need one in peticular, I'm planning for my next watercooling enclosure. was just hoping for some companies who sell heatercores online that has actual database of them all with pictures and specs.

DrunkMonkey
04-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Ebay definitly. I got a new Lincoln Continental heater core for $10 shipped. I'd try to stay away from the used cores since its hard to return if it comes all clogged up.