PDA

View Full Version : Building a direct die evaporator...

DoGMaN
09-22-2002, 04:51 AM
Does anyone have any info on what the evaporator chamber looks like for a vapochill/prometeia system. I want to build my own unit, but I don't know if this piece should just be a big empty space or a honeycomb or whatever. If anyone has any insite please let me know.

TheDude
09-22-2002, 06:12 AM
I could snap some pics of my Vapo for you, but you'd do better to hook up with some of our Vapo Phase Change guys in here. Have you read all the posts in that section? There are some pics of hand tooled parts and these guys are very knowledgeable. I'm sure they will be along to help you shortly and could give you some ideas better than the vapo.:D

DoGMaN
09-22-2002, 06:53 AM
Thanks man I'll take a look around. Have you opened up the evap in your vapo? If you have I'd love to see what it looks like.

TheDude
09-22-2002, 07:31 AM
Here's a drawing that shows it pretty well...if you still need a pic..let me know and I will take some.

|PuNiSh3R|
09-22-2002, 07:39 AM
It's ashame the vapochill sucks granny tit.. but what do u expect from pre-fab..

TheDude
09-22-2002, 08:08 AM
Here is the Prometetia for comparison:

TheDude
09-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Some of the top guys in here use the Prometetia and get some impressive results. I have not tried one, but am starting to seriously consider it.

DoGMaN
09-22-2002, 08:31 AM
What I really need is to see the inside of the evap. The actual chamber. If the prometeia wasn't so expensive I'd really consider buying one. If you are thinking of selling your vapo to get a prometeia drop me a line. I'd be interested in purchasing it.

TheDude
09-22-2002, 08:43 AM
OIC now...well on the Vapo it looks like a copper core to me...probably not solid, but I have never seen the inside of it and would be afraid of trying it to attempt to do so.

Let me check with the guy who was going to work a trade with me on the Vapo...if he still wants it, he has 1st dibs. If not...I am sure we can work it out. The Prometetia looks like a much better deal, new.

Nohto
09-22-2002, 09:24 AM
Opp had a picture of his blown up unit . What the hell do you call it the Max expert or something don't remember exactly where in the forums but you could do a search of his posts and find it that way.

john433i
09-22-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DoGMaN
What I really need is to see the inside of the evap. The actual chamber. If the prometeia wasn't so expensive I'd really consider buying one. If you are thinking of selling your vapo to get a prometeia drop me a line. I'd be interested in purchasing it.

Here's OPP's post with the MX-EVA3 evap pic: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2624

DoGMaN
09-23-2002, 03:30 AM
@john433i

Thanks thats exactly what I needed :D

TheDude
09-23-2002, 03:37 AM
DoGMaN,

Glad you found what you needed.

My bud wants the vapochill and his trade is already shipped..sorry.

DoGMaN
09-23-2002, 04:39 AM
Np man thanks for looking into it. If you do come across someone that is looking to dump one drop me a line. ;)