PDA

View Full Version : good or bad case airflow???

FlyingHamster
03-29-2004, 02:57 PM
I just got my lian li case in from a guy on the forums, and he previously cut some designs on the side of the case. on the left he cut a skull design and on the right towards the bottom he cut a 120mm blowhole.

here's a pic I drew in paint to illustrate where it is:
http://webpages.charter.net/chinesetricycle/stuff/case%20diagram.jpg

I was wondering whether putting a fan there would mess up the airflow in my case. its blowing towards my hard drive and floppy. do u think it would defeat the purpose of having my two case fans in the front?

should I buy a new side panel with a window and just cut a 120mm blowhole in it where my vid card is??

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Piper
04-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I have had a PC-60 for over a year now.

The two front 80s and one rear 80 with the PSU provide excellent cooling for normal requirements. If you have a significantly increased heat burden, like 5 HDs, duel CPUs, etc, then adding that side fan and another rear exhaust is not a bad idea.

A 120mm can push a lot of air, I would use a low CFM model and leave it near the front so that the new air all enters from the same general area, then make sure you have enough exhaust to handle the input. Calculate the input CFM and your exhaust CFM and shoot for just a little more in then out. You'll be fine.

Piper
04-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, just want to bump this so you might get some confirmation or second opinions. Always best to get several as nobody knows it all.

jinu117
05-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Will be quite noisy that way. I suggest putting the case on caster and do bottom intake. Since most of people put it on carpet, nice sound absorbing right there.

=[PULSAR]=
05-17-2004, 07:47 AM
If you put case fans on the botton of the case and put it on carpet even with casters, it still sinks into the carpet also depends on the carpet...some of that dope pimp shag rug would do nicely...lol. With that side fan you should have it blowing in and the 2 front fans blow out, so its a quick exhaust process. The front fans are 2 80mm's right?