PDA

View Full Version : will my stuff fit in my PC-60?

FlyingHamster
03-28-2004, 08:46 PM
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=283307

is what this guy is saying true? he said he read on amdmb that the neo backplate gets in the way of one of the mobo mounting holes if your case uses wide mobo mounts. my infinity and lian li pc-60 are coming in soon and I was wondering whether Im going to have a problem.

so does anyone here have a Lian Li + LP-B or Infinity + SP-97 w/ neo backplate, and everythings ok??

FlyingHamster
03-29-2004, 04:02 PM
hmm, well my lian li came in. I bought it from a guy of the forums and unfortunately he didnt include any case screws. I see these things sticking up on the motherboard tray which Im guessing I use to hold my mobo in. what do I use attach my mobo to those mounting clips? do I need special screws??

get what i mean? :rolleyes:

Karnivore
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Didn't get any screws with mine either, but since i have a ton around from years of saving i just scavenged through, seems to be all standard sizes...

shrae
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Heh, that's actually me posting on ocforums. I did indeed read on amdmb that wide mobo mounts will get in the way. However, I stopped by Fry's today and brought a neo with me and lined up the backplate on the display LPB. It's close but it looks like there is enough clearance from the header to fit without mods. No guarantees though, because I didn't have screws so I couldn't physically mount it.

Do you have the neo already? If you do, then you could easily verify compatability yourself. Either way, I'll probably get an LPB in early next week, and I'll try it out myself.

Standard case screws will work in the Lian-Li. In fact the ones that came with my Lian-Li are exactly the same as the ones in my Antec cases.

BTW, make sure the motherboard headers are pushed all the way into the mobo tray... the bottom "clips" of the headers should be flush with the back of the tray.