PDA

View Full Version : silverprop?

ocmyface
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
who here has tried the silverprop CycloneEvolutionSE S462
ive heard it performs just about as good as the RBX but ive also heard that the fitting is very weak...

anyone here whos owned/owns it want to help me out, ive done soem research and cant come up with much =\

TheDude
03-24-2004, 08:14 PM
I have one, what do you mean by "fitting" being weak? What are you calling the fitting?
I will be doing a review once the dust settles around here on 4 of their blocks. They all look to be extremely well made to me.

ocmyface
03-24-2004, 09:06 PM
by fitting i mean how it attaches to the socket, the bolts or pins or w/e it uses to hold itself down tothe socket, ive heard its weak so it can slide and become misseated easily

or in my own choice of words, how well it "fits"
(yeah i know it doesnt make much sense)

kommando
03-24-2004, 10:04 PM
They use the 3 lug system for AMD, unsure havn't heard any problems so far with the mounting device.

TheDude
03-24-2004, 10:21 PM
It does look a little flimsy, but I have not even mounted the block yet. The blocks in general look very well made and are really beautiful. When all the crap comes to an end around here, I will have time to finish the review of all 4 blocks.
I will try to mount that block tomorrow and post here for you, but I doubt there will be any problems with it.

Jabo
03-25-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
When all the crap comes to an end around here, I will have time to finish the review of all 4 blocks.

You all right m8? How's your back?

TheDude
03-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Jabo
You all right m8? How's your back?

Back is same as always...lots of stress right now....my concern is for the membership right now....it is hardest on them.
Thanks for asking my friend. ;)

ocmyface
03-25-2004, 08:24 AM
well just take your time with that review, get well first :)

TheDude
03-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ocmyface
well just take your time with that review, get well first :)

Thanks for your concern, but I have obligations to Silverprop and to the forum and I will fulfill them. ;)
I have spoken to Silverprop and they are very cool about the time table.

ocmyface
03-25-2004, 01:28 PM
you got an ETA for that silverprop review? im thinking about ordering in a month or so :)

Craig
03-29-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't have the CPU block as does The Dude, but I do have the Fusion HL block for the GPU and I'd like to second what Dude said about it. High quality of workmanship and finish. The Fusion is a micro channel design.

I relize that don't help with your question regarding the CPU mountings, but IMO they make a quality block.

ocmyface
03-31-2004, 06:58 PM
cool thanks