PDA

View Full Version : Emails regarding private messages

DriveEuro
03-23-2004, 02:49 PM
I noticed that the forum was down yesturday temporarily and since then the emails that notify me of a PM are kinda messed up. By messed up, I mean that the link in there for my private message box is wrong. I noticed the forum is no longer located at www.xtremesystems.org/forum/

but actually just xtremesystems.org

Can this be fixed so that the emails give the right address.

TheDogFather
03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
I think thats the least of the problems at the moment.

TDF.

CCW
03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDogFather
I think thats the least of the problems at the moment.

TDF.

Do you know what? Like a true English man I typed the same thing...but then refrained from posting.

Good to see the old english humur not dried up!

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 07:15 AM
why cant i access the what happened to forum thread in speak freely?

Charles Wirth
03-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I moved it, lucky for me it had what I wanted.

I let them access yesterday for that very reason. I gave them enough rope to hang themselves.

DarkWing
03-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 3rd-Dimension
why cant i access the what happened to forum thread in speak freely? instead of fugger posting his side of the story he is hiding ours......

DarkWing
03-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by FUGGER
I moved it, lucky for me it had what I wanted.

I let them access yesterday for that very reason. I gave them enough rope to hang themselves.

and we have ours ... including IRC logs and paper trails

Charles Wirth
03-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Why did frank try to screw me over? do you even know?

The overclocking community stands behind me 100%

You are nothing without this site JBELL, just a pos behind a desk at well fargo "refi"

Marci
03-24-2004, 07:36 AM
No, the overclocking community DOESN'T stand behind you 100% I'm afraid... and that is a stupid statement to make Fugger... sorry d00d.

Charles Wirth
03-24-2004, 07:40 AM
Marci, you may be on their side and you have been mislead.

Intronic
03-24-2004, 07:41 AM

keep on dreaming

Marci
03-24-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm not on anyone's side here. I'm completely neutral as far as you or anyone else is concerned. You CANNOT say that 100% of the overclocking community is behind you. That is physically impossible to prove, and saying it / assuming it is plain arrogant d00d... simple as that...

Charles Wirth
03-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Marci and Itronic, you stand behind Frank and his underhanded tactics to steal the site and its data?

ctgilles
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Let's not get into a discussion again please :(

Marci
03-24-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm standing behind no-one... simply stating that you CANNOT make that statement. Stop dragging me into your battle... my comments were regarding a single comment in a single post.

Charles Wirth
03-24-2004, 07:47 AM
K, Marci

Didnt mean to drag you into this crap, was reponding to your reply.

90% of the overclocking community stands behind me sound better? I know there is a lot of AMD people that love to hate me.

Marci
03-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I simply wouldn't presume to put any figure on it meself unless u have proof first... but to cover such a scale of a community in one assumption, which amounts to millions of people, is just way out there.

CCW
03-24-2004, 07:53 AM
fugger, start a poll, about it

DarkWing

You are nothing without this site JBELL, just a pos behind a desk at well fargo "refi"

LMAO .... now there's the professionalism i expect and maybe you should go here:
www.ocforums.com and see who has who.

you got nothing...

DarkWing
your forum name soo fits you now. I see why they call you that

DarkWing
03-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Marci, you may be on their side and you have been mislead. yoru on the wrong side and completely confused.....

DriveEuro
03-24-2004, 08:00 AM
So I finally get back to the server and I find you guys bickering... nice..

Nookie420
03-24-2004, 08:01 AM

sure didn't seem that way on irc last night.

DarkWing
03-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Nookie420
sure didn't seem that way on irc last night.
like I said .. he is confused....

DriveEuro
03-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Man, guys...... CHILL dear lord.......

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 08:17 AM
I moved it

where to? I'd like to read and c whats been going on.

CCW
03-24-2004, 08:18 AM
the Deleted Threads area

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 08:25 AM
damn. so no possibility of me seeing it. oh well.

DarkWing
03-24-2004, 08:35 AM
the thread pulled can be found on ocforums.com

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 08:42 AM
k. thx.

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 08:57 AM
damn gota have 100 posts just to look at general chat. dang guess im never gonna c it. bah.

Attitudx
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
i am in the same boat as to reading what happened all i know is i have kinda read what is going on on both sides and think that my 4year old grandson has more maturity. It is kinda like it is my football and i am taking it and going home. I am not raggin anyone but it destroyed a once beautiful and fun forum. When you get into something like this you have to have your ducks in a row and I hope that they were... As for me I am not getting into a my male organ is bigger than yours so the forum is mine all a power struggle that someone got their feelings hurt owell i guess i can go start on my 100 post on oc forums

Malpine Walis
03-24-2004, 01:45 PM
100 post is to get into the GCRD forum. 250 posts are needed to get into the GC forum which is where the discussion is going on. Which actually doesn't matter because it turned into a flame war rather quickly.

Whatever comes of this, the thread should probably remain in the bit bucket.

Attitudx
03-24-2004, 01:52 PM
yeah i kinda figured owell i dont need to see it i have ways of finding out and when these things happen they usually do end up in a flame war maturity rulz sometimes doesnt it

3rd-Dimension
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
can anyone email me or pm me the logs of whatever? I'm still interested in reading. email is james@atruereview.com

C_f
03-24-2004, 04:09 PM
..............90% of the overclocking community stands behind me sound better? .......

How can you say that ? You can't say that anyone is behind you or against you, when there is only a handful that knows the truth. My guess is that over 95% here does NOT have enough information to make a decission to be against you or anyone else. Posts are being deleted before we're getting the chance to read them.
I want "my" forum back, with helpful and polite ppl. There is no other place with the same mix of knowledged oc'ers
:(

DriveEuro
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Damnit, can you guys do this is PMs or IMs or on IRC or something. You guys ruined this thread. All I wanted to know was if the emails would be fixed. Quit the bickering.

saaya
03-24-2004, 05:26 PM
So why was kurupt's account deleted. He started this site correct?

DriveEuro
03-24-2004, 06:11 PM
What the f*ck is with you people. PM each other. Holy h3ll.

David
03-24-2004, 06:24 PM
1) The General Discussion area of OCForums is now open to all members, the admins opened it up until things get sorted.

2) Fugger, your best bet is to cut your losses and give up. You will be brought to justice, so why prolong everything? Think about it.

David
Senior Member at OCForums, who hates to see any forum in turmoil like this.

sparkie34
03-24-2004, 06:24 PM
DriveEuro..there is alot of people around here that are confused and want to know what is going on. I know it sucks to have your thread hijacked but people need to vent.

Malpine Walis
03-24-2004, 07:58 PM

90% of the overclocking community stands behind me sound better? I know there is a lot of AMD people that love to hate me.

Um, yah. whatever.

You really ought not to state a percentage at this point. Where I stand is that I really don't have a clue what is going on. It would be nice to hear both sides of the story before I throw in with either side.

Not that my opinion matters. whatever is going on has reached the point where attorneys are going to get involved. I really hope that this gets sorted out with minimal pain to all involved. At this point both sides have my best wishes for a peaceable outcome.

Since I am new over here, I am going to minimize what I say over here but I am holding feet to the fire over at oc.com.

Fugger, I would really like to hear from you on this. You can PM me here or there. Either way I will get it in a day or two.

Malpine Walis – Senior member, overclockers.com

sjohnson
03-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Malpine Walis - you might want to look over FUGGER's post at http://www.xtremesystems.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32276#newpost - short and to the point.

`schr0et
03-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DriveEuro
What the f*ck is with you people. PM each other. Holy h3ll.

Your telling people to use PM's post after post... is that not rather repetetive? :spam:

gkiing
03-24-2004, 08:51 PM
[EDIT] Better shut my mouth :\

Malpine Walis
03-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sjohnson

Malpine Walis - you might want to look over FUGGER's post at http://www.xtremesystems.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32276#newpost - short and to the point.

Thanks for the link. That actually helps me to make the "wait and see" case over on oc.com...

It is not a huge help due to the fact that I am taking a "just the facts" approach and I need verifiable info to make that case. However, any link you guys can give me can only help with the argument that people over here are divided over what actually happened.

On oc.com, fugger has been getting slammed by a few people who are members of both forums. Whatever is really going on, he does not deserve to be declared automaticaly giulty w/o benefit of critical examination of the facts....

sjohnson
03-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Malpine Walis
Thanks for the link. That actually helps me to make the "wait and see" case over on oc.com...

It is not a huge help due to the fact that I am taking a "just the facts" approach and I need verifiable info to make that case. However, any link you guys can give me can only help with the argument that people over here are divided over what actually happened.

On oc.com, fugger has been getting slammed by a few people who are members of both forums. Whatever is really going on, he does not deserve to be declared automaticaly giulty w/o benefit of critical examination of the facts.... None of the players deserve an automatic declaration of guilt NOR innocence. Which is happening all too much here.

I appreciate your work there and here. Thank you.

Malpine Walis
03-26-2004, 05:29 PM
No prob. I really don't have the history but it looks to me as if there is enough blame to be spread over all the players in this soap opera.