PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket cooling possible on Leadtek ti4600 or no?

T-bred owns you
09-19-2002, 08:02 PM
Aftermarket cooling possible on Leadtek ti4600 or no? If so can someone tell me what was done and how? Sites would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sysfailur
09-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by T-bred owns you
Aftermarket cooling possible on Leadtek ti4600 or no? If so can someone tell me what was done and how? Sites would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sure it can be done. Just take off the standard huge ass heatsink and purchase yourself some ramsinks + a 1U heatsink for the gpu or something.

Btw, wrong forum ;)

T-bred owns you
09-20-2002, 06:21 PM
I didn't know which forum to post it in, so I went with what I thought was most correct lol. I already attempted to get that damn thing off and it wasn't having it. BTW those fins are sharp as hell I left a red streak without even feeling it, I noticed I cut myself when looking for a way to pop the pins out.

sysfailur
09-20-2002, 07:34 PM
I didn't know which forum to post it in, so I went with what I thought was most correct lol. I already attempted to get that damn thing off and it wasn't having it. BTW those fins are sharp as hell I left a red streak without even feeling it, I noticed I cut myself when looking for a way to pop the pins out.

I know that OPPAINTER has had one of these cards, you might wanna private message him and ask. ;)

T-bred owns you
09-20-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm a n00b on this forum, I'm sure he wouldn't want to waste his time with inferior 3dmarkers lol. My 13883 just aint s**t to his 20K+. I have money to spend on a new mobo and ram. RDRAM or DDR, cost isn't an issue so don't bring it up. *Edit* I was also thinking about Vmodding the core and memory on the Videocard with the current cooling since I really don't want to pelt it and then end up buying a radeon or nv30 down the line lol.

Smizack
09-20-2002, 07:41 PM
What I've heard of in the past was freezing the card, like overnight to make the compound more brittle so that you could get the hfg off easier but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Creative
09-20-2002, 08:28 PM
I'm a n00b on this forum, I'm sure he wouldn't want to waste his time with inferior 3dmarkers lol. My 13883 just aint s**t to his 20K+.

Noone here is inferior to anyone :) We may all sit here in awe of OPP and others but that doesnt mean they look down on us. They have just as much respect for us as we have for them.

Thats why this is such a friendly place, everyone is whilling to help everyone......no matter what thier 3dmark score is ;)

Shoot him a PM with your questions, im sure he will be more than happy to help you...:)