PDA

View Full Version : D-tek WW

koensa
03-21-2004, 04:48 AM
hello

i have an DTEK whitewhater waterblock that iwant to use for my chiller, but when i bought it,al i has was regular watercooling so i wanted it for the looks,so i bought the one with the plastik top, but now, i'l be having chilled water,so will the block be unusable becasue of the plastic top? of will the plastic hold -20 fluid?

i know i'm dumb but i dont whant to waste any more mony on this chiller,so i try to keep stuff

Peen
03-21-2004, 05:18 AM
I dont think the luctite is the problem at all. I've heard of ppl running -60 through those and just fine. It would work but it would be VERY hard to insulate. id just get a Dtek Spir@l for $25 bucks, much easier.I wouldnt trust the WW really

OCme
03-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by koensa
hello

i have an DTEK whitewhater waterblock that iwant to use for my chiller, but when i bought it,al i has was regular watercooling so i wanted it for the looks,so i bought the one with the plastik top, but now, i'l be having chilled water,so will the block be unusable becasue of the plastic top? of will the plastic hold -20 fluid?

i know i'm dumb but i dont whant to waste any more mony on this chiller,so i try to keep stuff

I have a DTEK WW with the copper top and brass barbs here is a pic of mine. I think the plastic will be ok down to -20C. I read a post somewhere where someone encased one in neoprene then filled it with spray foam (great stuff). I haven't got a real chiller yet, still doing some research, so I haven't insulated it yet. I'll post a pic when I do.

OCme
03-21-2004, 07:18 AM
woops! forgot the pic, here it is.

kommando
03-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Ummm maybe cut the neoprene with the holes for the barbs.

solo
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
marshmallow in the can is your friend

actually its called insulation foam, by daptex i think
comes in a spray bottle, similar to those dusting thingies