PDA

View Full Version : A/C Chiller Questions

iceman2g
03-20-2004, 02:47 PM
I've got a Kenmore 6000 btu a/c here. The problem is the compressor wont turn on. I think it has something to do with the thermo. Here's a pic of the wiring.

Ok so here's what i've got a red wire (R) going to the compressor, a yellow wire with black striping (Y-BK) going to pin 7 on the control panel and a black wire (BK (W) going to pin 2 on the control panel. The Y-BK wire is connected to the R wire that's then connected to the compressor. Can anyone help me figure this out. I'm still trying to find a image of what i'm talking bout. The cam doesn't have batteries and even then I don't think i'd be able to get a good enough picture as it only has digital zoom. :mad:

iceman2g
03-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok here are some pics. It's a really old unit. I think it uses R22.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/althea.porter-harvey/Chiller/pic.jpg

Pictures of a/c I plan to use for chiller can be seen here (http://www3.sympatico.ca/althea.porter-harvey/Chiller/)

Gary Lloyd
03-20-2004, 10:37 PM
There are three wires at the thermostat. Connect all three together.

iceman2g
03-21-2004, 07:48 AM
So let me get this correct connect the red wire (R) from the compressor, to the yellow wire (Y-BK) and the black [BW (W)] all together.

Gary Lloyd
03-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Yep, you are bypassing the thermostat.

iceman2g
03-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that I did it and it works fine. I've got pics up so if anyone wants to see em just click on the link in my second post.

iceman2g
04-01-2004, 02:14 PM
ok based on that pic how would I wire two 120mm fans to it? The fans has 12v connections.

iceman2g
04-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Based on these specs what might this unit be capable of using it's current refridgerant (I think it happens to R22)? I'd like to keep everything the same if possible. Maybe later changing the cap tube and charging the system might be something I do. But right now i'm low on funds and don't have the tools.

Still looking for a little help on the previous post.