PDA

View Full Version : low disk space warning

sKiTz0
03-18-2004, 06:26 PM
I just installed winxp.. i have my swap file taking up a whole seperate 2 gig partition. I constantly get low disk space warnings.. does anyone know how to get rid of these?

Karnivore
03-18-2004, 06:41 PM
disable low disk space warning WinXP....

Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer.
If it's not there, create a DWORD value and call it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.
Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and enter the value 1, and press OK.

sKiTz0
03-18-2004, 07:22 PM
thanks.. well see if it works!

Karnivore
03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Just be aware, all that does is disable the warning, it doesn't fix the problem IF a problem exists..

Soulburner
03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I get the yellow yield sign on the system tray saying Out of Virtual Memory sometimes...even though i'm not. I don't want it increasing my page file size!

Is there a key where I can disable that?

Karnivore
03-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Soulburner
I get the yellow yield sign on the system tray saying Out of Virtual Memory sometimes...even though i'm not. I don't want it increasing my page file size!

Is there a key where I can disable that?

If I'm reading your post correctly Soul, your asking if you can choose to manage pagefile size yourself, thus not letting the system take up anymore HD space...

If that is correct follow the pic, if you need to know in more detail how to get there just let me know...

sKiTz0
03-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Karnivore
Just be aware, all that does is disable the warning, it doesn't fix the problem IF a problem exists..
nah.. its just that the whole drive is reserved for swap file and windows thinks its low :p:

Soulburner
03-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Karnivore
If I'm reading your post correctly Soul, your asking if you can choose to manage pagefile size yourself, thus not letting the system take up anymore HD space...

If that is correct follow the pic, if you need to know in more detail how to get there just let me know...
I know how to manage the size of my paging file...

I am asking how to get rid of the yellow warning icon, telling me I am out of virtual memory, when I am NOT.

Karnivore
03-19-2004, 08:40 PM
uhh, ok, dunno off hand