PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Watercooling

The Runner
03-18-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm thinking of getting watercooling for my P4 rig.

Its currently as what is in sig, but I've come across a good stepping p4 2.8m0 or I might even stretch and get a 3.0C. (I hear there are good ones about? Anyone know where in the UK?)

Wondering what kit would suit my board and my graphics card.

I am willing to spend about £160 on it.

If this won't get me a good kit, I guess some really decent air cooling would be in order?

Also d'ya reckon I should get 2x256mb more of the ram in my sig. Thanks.

Reflex1
03-19-2004, 12:50 AM
If you stick to a simple but good WC circuit ...its very do'able.

such as: a RBX, Car heatercore, 1x120 fan, L30 pump ....u cud start with this, and keep adding parts as u work along or get more cash, like add GPU block later etc...

i got a 3.0c SL6WU for 200 euro shipped it's a GREAT choice (also picked up a beauty 21.3" TFT H540S-B Iiyama screen :slobber: ), ...not all OC as much as the other, but 3.6 is almost garenteed on air, if u have all caps on the chip. u'll have to ask/mail all the UK shops for stepping #'s.

kommando
03-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Silverprop Lover returns:
Silverprop Cyclone SE Cpu Block
Silverprop Fusion HL Gpu Block
Silverprop Nexus SX Northbridge Block (Overkill but looks fancy)
Eheim 1250 (1200/h best pump ever )
Heatercore out of car maybe for you guys a chevy or some sort (read the heatercore thread somewhere on this board)
Clearfex tubing (cheaper than tygon and just as good)

Thats a good setup, you can take out the gpu block and nb block if you want. The pump will last you forever.

The Runner
03-19-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by a5h
If you stick to a simple but good WC circuit ...its very do'able.

such as: a RBX, Car heatercore, 1x120 fan, L30 pump ....u cud start with this, and keep adding parts as u work along or get more cash, like add GPU block later etc...

i got a 3.0c SL6WU for 200 euro shipped it's a GREAT choice (also picked up a beauty 21.3" TFT H540S-B Iiyama screen :slobber: ), ...not all OC as much as the other, but 3.6 is almost garenteed on air, if u have all caps on the chip. u'll have to ask/mail all the UK shops for stepping #'s.

Thats the stepping my friends got and is going to sell for a good price. He says he got 3.6 on air using stock voltage.

antipop
03-19-2004, 04:39 AM
I would say the same thing as a5h, maybe if you could find a LRWW or a cascade that would be better
For the heatercore go with a push-pull with shroud if you have enough room

kommando
03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Silverprop Cyclone SE is just as good performer as LRWW and Cascade and is at a good price :)

The Runner
03-19-2004, 04:41 PM
any links guys?

kommando
03-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Site where you can grab some Silverprop products - http://www.bestpcmods.com/

Also a nice review on the Silverprop Fusion SL ( Smaller version of the HL) found at http://www.planetmodz.net

Ummm review link here (http://www.planetmodz.net/reviews.php?showpage=reviews/5)