PDA

View Full Version : Chilled Blocks!

JToolz
03-17-2004, 01:52 PM
What are the best performing blocks for the CPU, GPU, and the chipset? My chiller will be up and running shortly and I would like to know which ones are the best. I know plastic barbs are a no-no and plexi tops are as well. I was thinking of using all silverprop blocks. Has anyone tried these on a chiller?

afireinside
03-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Dont chill the NB. Not worth it and a pain. I speak from expirence :p
CPU=tc4 rev 2 (dtek)
GPU=maze4 (DD)

JToolz
03-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Anyone tried the Silverprop though? Thanks fireinside though, those were the ones I was going to buy.

jamaljaco
03-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by afireinside
Dont chill the NB. Not worth it and a pain. I speak from expirence :p
CPU=tc4 rev 2 (dtek)
GPU=maze4 (DD) Totally agreed, not worth the trouble and I saw no difference in clocking.

jamaljaco
03-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by JToolz
Anyone tried the Silverprop though? never tried that one . but I will say ,whatever you get make it a simple design ,easier to insulate.

kommando
03-17-2004, 09:46 PM
I've got the silverprop nb and gpu blocks, will be setting them up in a loop with a white water on my chiller.

OCme
03-18-2004, 07:21 AM
I too have a white water WB with a copper top and brass barbs. I think I remember reading a post where someone said the best way to insulate one is to incase it in spray foam, but I'm not sure. Is anyone else using a white water WB for -40/-50C chiller that can tell me, or better show me with a picture, the best way to insulate it?