PDA

View Full Version : cannot get servers on BF1942 or any mods

LikwidKool
03-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Like the title says, I cannot get any servers up. I haven't played in a while as I was busy with other games, but I say this galactic conquest mod(have been on a Star Wars kick) so I downloaded it. Started up the game and I then realised I needed patch 1.6 Servers had come up and everything. After I updated though, I cannot get any servers to show. I even uninstalled BF1942, and Galactic Conquest, and reinstalled BF1942. With no patches I could not get the servers up, now when I updated to patch 1.6

I checked my firewall, and made sure BF1942 had permission. I even turned it off at one point just to rule it out.

Any ideas what is going on? I am confused.

Techmasta
03-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Thats funny. I did the same exact thing yesterday. Installed BF and GC but none of the servers were showing up. Firewall was set up correctly. I forgot about the patch so I had to update but they still didn't show up. I finally rebooted and pressed Update in the internet multiplayer tab and the server list showed up.

LikwidKool
03-17-2004, 10:00 PM
that is weird you did the same exact thing I did!:p:

I will try the update thing. I am just confused that even when I reinstalled it still didn't show up.

Castor
03-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Try getting All Seeing Eye. I no longer use the ingame browser anymore except for LANs. Double click on a server and it starts BF for you and automagically connects to the server. It's free and has no advertisements. An excellent program.

LikwidKool
03-24-2004, 09:21 PM
thanks. I'll give it a go.

CODE 4
03-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I use the All seeing Eye as well. You get a trial period for evaluation. It is a little sensitive to get your filters set up, but once you do it is real nice. The amount of filters availible are also superior any server finder I have used. No advertising, *cough* cough* Gamespy :grr:

LikwidKool
04-15-2004, 09:02 PM
all seeying eye works great. I found out though that even though with my router hooked up, and ZAP turned off ZAP was still keeping me from connecting. Once I started ZAP I got the servers up. I am gonna try and uninstall it and see what happens.

Çhrist0ph
04-18-2004, 02:09 AM
ASE is the best alternative to in-game server browsers.