PDA

View Full Version : Is my e1250 dead?

cpl1234
03-17-2004, 03:25 AM
I have an eheim 1250.

Monday night, as i was watching tv on my computer, my computer's overtemp protection kicked in and shut down my computer.

I found out it's because my pump is not working.

I then took my W/C system out and replace it with my stock HSF....

Then I was shocked to see the colour of the water. It's got sort of a white deposit. It's from the kitchen sealent that I seal the T-line with. Probably because it didn't dry properly (bad mistake)

I then put the stock hsf in and continue to watch tv for a bit.

Just before I go to bed, I thought I might try turning on the pump again and it turned on and is pumping water properly.

I put my W/C back in last night after a waterchange and a good clean with deionized water.

3hrs later, the pump stopped again.... Repeat process as on Monday night.

I tried turning on the pump this morning. It's vibrating very slightly and is not pumping. Also, the pump is getting hotter than usual.

What do you think is the problem with my pump? Is it dead?

I'm going to take it apart and clean the inside and see if that helps tonight....

Karnivore
03-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by cpl1234
I'm going to take it apart and clean the inside and see if that helps tonight....

I would say you've already chosen the correct thing to do, take it apart, clean it up best you can, If it doesn't work after that you'll probably be looking at a replacement, Eheim covers the pump for 2 years, not sure if your damage would be covered though...

cpl1234
03-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Ok, I've taken it apart and clean it.

I found out it stopped working because the magnet is sticking to the side. I submerge my pump into my kitchen sink and start running it for a while.

However, whever I take the pump out of the sink with the pump on for more than 5 seconds, the magnet of the impeller shaft starts sticking to the side again and I have to take the pump apart and re-insert the impeller shaft to get it working again.

Is there anything I can do about it or do I have to return it to eheim?

Karnivore
03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Sounds like 1 or more parts of your pump are worn, I would examine it closely and see if you can determine what is damaged, replacement parts are available to the end user. Perhaps a phone call to your local Eheim dealer? Dtek Customs also is able to get parts, or could probably point you in the right direction. Your only other choice would be attempt returning the pump to eheim.