PDA

View Full Version : how about this pump/reservoir?

ocmyface
03-15-2004, 03:26 PM
http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Category_Code=P&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HydorL30-SC

what do yall think? its smaller than the eheim 1250 but supposedly just as good? it costs 50

take a look and tell me what yall think :)

and what do yall think about this reservoir?

http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BayRes-Clear&Category_Code=Res

its a little pricey but it looks pretty awesome, is this is a fine reservoir or is something wrong with it? (a reservoirs a reservoir isnt it?)

BTW, if its important: i have a 460W enermax noisetaker PSU

Çhrist0ph
03-15-2004, 04:09 PM
dont get the bay res, ive heard that most of them leak

neyoung
03-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I just bought both of those and have them running right now. I really like the pump. It fits ince and snug right inside my lian li pc60 case without any cutting or anything.

As for the bay res, just make sure that you leak test everything before you put your hardware in. I didn't have a problem with mine.

ocmyface
03-15-2004, 04:47 PM
aah pheew thanks for the headups man :)

skate2snow
03-15-2004, 05:03 PM
The L30 is one of the best pump you can have. I whould say fourth best pump and the 1250 fifth;)

SPiKE
03-16-2004, 09:51 AM
The Mag3 is the best one. ;)

Goyo
03-16-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't agree. The best one is Iwaki MD-20RLZT, but the Mag3 has good performance, with almost any configuration(portable/compatible).

SPiKE
03-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Goyo
I don't agree. The best one is Iwaki MD-20RLZT, but the Mag3 has good performance, with almost any configuration(portable/compatible).

I mean, the Mag3 has the best price-performance ratio. :D

Goyo
03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
:) then, you're right SPiKE

greetings.

ocmyface
03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
i got a question, i go to LAN parties at my friends houses all the time, will this still be doable with WC? will i be able to fit all of this into my case, its a full size chenming tower

heres what im thinking about getting

White water CPU block (or cascade if i can find one)
fusionHL GPU block
Hydor L30 pump (or a better one : i want a pump that will fit in my case and is high performance, price is not much of an issue, i dont want a super loud pump - if any of yall can think of one LMK :) ]
bayres
heatercore (omg i have no idea =x - is it possible to attach these too the top of your case, ive seen this done before? i want one that will fit in my case)
criticool powerplant2 PRS
1/2" clearflex tubing and al lthe clips etc.

what else am i missing, can any of you think of anything? and what do you experts think of my setup so far

i encourage any/all input becuase im new to WC :)

EDIT: ive also got one quick question:

once i have my WC setup in my case, do i still need my case fans?

i do know that other parts will still generate heat, so do i need 2 intake and 2 exhaust at front and back like usual?
LMK

neyoung
03-16-2004, 02:01 PM
It is definitly possible to get it all in your case. I have my wc setup in my lian li pc60 case and I'm still using the lower hard drive cage.

here is what I have.

whitewater cpu block
maze4 gpu block
Hydor L30 pump
bayres
JR-120 radiator

I hope to have some pics posted soon.

ocmyface
03-16-2004, 02:48 PM
what about the case fans question.
do yall recommend leaving all the intake/exhaust case fans in your comp?

Adam217
03-16-2004, 03:14 PM
The L30 is a great pump, the only problem I ran into was that my computer sits right next to my monitor and at lower resolutions and low refresh rates the magnetic drive would interfer with it, but I think you will have that a little bit with any AC magnetic drive pump. I will be using a ViaAqua 1300 for my next setup just cause I have one and want to try it, nothing against the L30. I don't have any experence with the bayres, but I have reservations about a res at all after my experence with round bubble maker from dangerden.

neyoung, do you have the JR-120 heater core mounted in the top of the case? If not do you think it would fit between the power supply and optical drive in the top of the case? I would like to get the Lian-li conversion for my promy, and would like to use that case and water cool the NB and video card and still be able to use the lower hard drive racks for my drives.

ocmyface
03-16-2004, 03:17 PM
i believe im going with the eheim 1250, thanks for yalls input, i still need help with the case fan questions :D

SPiKE
03-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ocmyface
i believe im going with the eheim 1250, thanks for yalls input, i still need help with the case fan questions :D

My Eheim Rulez! :D

If you plan to install the radiator inside the case, I think that some exhaust fans will help.

neyoung
03-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Adam217: I have the JR120 mounted in the top of the case. As long as the optical drive isn't to long it will fit. But I have to warn you. IT ALL BARELY FITS! I will get some pics posted soon so you can all see the install.

Adam217
03-16-2004, 04:23 PM
I would still put some case fans in there, just run them at 7v so they make no noise.

Thx neyoung, look forward to some pics.