PDA

View Full Version : video on demand solution with http server?

semteXKG
03-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi!

I want to make a stream server. that means i've all my movies on this pc (most of them are avi and mpg files).

That's what i have until now: I've codet a page where all the videos are listed. There are only hyperlinks that go like that: <a href='vids/wontwork.avi'>Testvid</a>.

if i click on this link, the media player starts. but he don't starts streaming, he starts downloading the whole movie. When he has finished it (he puts the file in some temp dir) he starts to play this file from the temp dir.

I don't want this... this should be STREAMING, not downloading and playing :mad:

then i thought of mms. the problem with mms: no support for avi and mpg (if i've seen it right).

3rd choice was "Video Lan". The problem with video lan: no video on demand (if i've seen it right).

The biggest problem is, that the solutino should work with every client prog (like winamp (the newer ones), windows media player, videolan,...)

Has anyone done something like this before? I really need help :(

thx

semteX

3rd-Dimension
03-13-2004, 11:44 PM
i just used wwwfilesharepro. google it. left click a link it streams it if it is vid or music. right click and save and and u can save file to comp.

semteXKG
03-13-2004, 11:50 PM
thx.. sounds very interesting...

add: I've just installed it... this program just makes normal hyper links... like my script does... when i click on a link the player starts downloading the movie (rest like above)... no streaming... mhm
add2:

i just had a very intersting talk in the irc. He said that the wmp simply can't stream avi and mpg files... is that true?

thx