PDA

View Full Version : OPPAINTER must be having trouble.

TheDogFather
03-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Just recieved a email supposedly from oppainter@xtremesystems he didnt say much, just 'something is going wrong!'

He must be desperate if he needs my help. ;)

I've been getting loads of these virus's, I know most people have, but they usually come from random unknown addresses.

Is this just coincidence, how did it pick that address to use ?

TDF.

Jeff
03-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Probably grabbed his address from someone's address book. Someone who has a little infection. ;)

Fisk
03-22-2004, 07:18 AM
haha :)

Farbror
03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Why don´t u PM the dude then......:stick:

TheDogFather
03-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Farbror

I think youre confused, here have a poke in the eye. :stick:

TDF.

TheDude
03-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Farbror

What does that mean?

You will see them from people you know as stated above, it raids their address book. It's not from him. ;)

Farbror
03-25-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
What does that mean?

You will see them from people you know as stated above, it raids their address book. It's not from him. ;)

Mkay i did not get that...:D

Karnivore
03-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
What does that mean?

LOL, thats a good, one:D I don't think he literally meant TheDude, I think he meant PM the dude....:)

TheDude
03-25-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Karnivore
LOL, thats a good, one:D I don't think he literally meant TheDude, I think he meant PM the dude....:)

OIC...could be, it is a common problem with my nic...I think everyone is talking to me or about me.....even the people who live under my bed.:D

`schr0et
03-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Removing the W32K worm is pretty easy... just reformat your HD ;)

Thats what I had to end up doing when my dad downloaded that stupid worm onto my computer and it got into my whole network.... Stupid thing writes itself into winlogon.exe and if anyone tries to remove it thru registry it replaces itself every 10 seconds... it started pissing me off a whole deal so I just went thru the grueling process of uninstalling reinstalling xp home / xp pro / gentoo / mandrake on my whole damn network of 5 comps.

I don't trust "anti-virus" crap because frankly all they do is disable the file while you still use that anti virus, once anti-virus is off or removed bam its back. Only way to surely ensure real removal of any virus/trojan/bug is to do a complete reformat its the only tried and true method.

TheDogFather
03-25-2004, 07:19 AM
I hate to think how many people out there have it. Everyone I know with a computer has a Dell or Compaq once the copy of Norton runs out, thats it.

Not to mention all the stuff they download.

One of my neighbours tried to do me a favour, and give me a copy of Bonzai Buddy. 'Its reaaly good' he said. He wasn't even content with the free version, he bought his.

TDF.

Johnny Knoxvill
03-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by TheDogFather

One of my neighbours tried to do me a favour, and give me a copy of Bonzai Buddy. 'Its reaaly good' he said. He wasn't even content with the free version, he bought his.

TDF.

LOL OMFG :rotf: :lol:

dobbz
04-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by `schr0et
I don't trust "anti-virus" crap because frankly all they do is disable the file while you still use that anti virus, once anti-virus is off or removed bam its back. Only way to surely ensure real removal of any virus/trojan/bug is to do a complete reformat its the only tried and true method.

Is that a fact? Or are you talking about when an anti-virus prog "quarrantines" a file?

When all files being used by a virus are deleted, I don't see how it can come back. I know no file is ever really deleted, just flagged as such and ignored by the OS completely, but how can a virus come back from that?

John Cena
04-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Virus scanners like Norton WILL DELETE the file. Once the scanner is uninstalled, THEN the virus will ofcourse try to come back.

On my pc, I use pc cillin. It's great and faster than Norton.

WesM63
04-27-2004, 05:49 PM
umm.. norton don't always delete the infected file, especially if its in use. Most times when this is the case, visit sarc.com and download the provided removal tool. Also make sure you run it in safe-mode.

Norton is by far the best AV out there. I am dissapointed in their newest release because it hogs system resources like no tomorrow. I guess thats why i made the switch to Corporate edition.

John Cena
04-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Man after replying to this thread, I went and did a virus scan, Found abogot worm in the system 32 directory and i felt my computer slow down.
How did i get it?

By clicking a virus infected email. I didn't download anything though. I just opened it. Btw i had ALL MS patches installed.

Microsoft needs to come up with a better security solution