PDA

View Full Version : AN7 and uguru

migginz
03-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi there,

I recently purchased an An7 board and am quite happy with the board itself (except the unsupported MBM thing :( )

Anyway, since installing my XP 2500-m I have lost the ability to overclock on the fly in BIOS and with Abit OC guru in windows.

Vcore changes are enabled but even 1mhz of an FSB shift results in hanging or blue screens.

Popped in my old 2500+ Desktop and it works fine.

anyone else having this problem ?

migginz
03-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Great Tech support in here eh ?

muzz
03-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh Ya.....
Like the Multi issue(10+10.5) that worked with the NF7 in the D10 bios, and never worked gain.

Anyone listening?

enzoR
04-17-2004, 10:44 AM
go to abits own forums..... you'll get more answeres there

Karnivore
04-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by migginz
Great Tech support in here eh ?

The Abit fellow comes here as his time permits, he IS NOT paid to do so, and does it voluntarily, as his time permits. As already said if you have pressing issues you may want to try a more direct approach.

spaceman
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
grrr, my AN7 was working fine, nay EXCELLENT, for a couple weeks, until I decided to install the guru. Apparently, the utility won't tolerate being installed on an overclocked system, even a mild OC. Rendered my board useless, and no amount of CMOS clearing or battery removal would revive it. :( I don't really mind being a guinea pig, especially when things turn out good, but this was pretty disappointing. Abit, please make the guru software more idiot-proof in the future, ;) , and give folks fair warning to only install it @ stock speeds. Thanx, we DO appreciate your efforts. :)