PDA

View Full Version : Wich watercooling kit from Asetek I might use?

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Someone could tell me what is the best kit (CPU, BGA, and NBridge) from Asetek

some questions:

1 I saw at least 3 versions of Asetek Waterchill, there's one with dual radiator, what's the difference from the other who haves only one radiator

2 Do I need to buy all the kit with NorthBridge ans all stuff or simply the CPU cooling

3 Someone can tell me if it's worth to overclock a GF4 Ti4600 with Watercooling, I've tried with stock cooling, I could overclock at least 25% with no artifact but then when benchamrking in 3dMark2k1 SE I was forced to low at least to 5% and then there wasn't any changes in the score.

saaya
03-10-2004, 02:25 AM
errrrm why an asetek kit?

you can get a watercooling with the same performence for less money or a way better cooling solution for the same money...

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 04:08 AM
What do you have in mind, you know I'm new in OC, I overclocked my 2.4 into a 3.0 with stock cooling, but soon I realised it was not enough, I've read alot in other reviews sites like anand an THG, when I found XSys I fall in love with his forum.

Now all I want is to go through all the steps 'till Phase Change, but as "afireinside" said in the phase change forum I must gain experience and start with WaterCooling

TheDude
03-10-2004, 05:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with starting out with a kit to learn with and asetek kits are as good as any and better than most imo. I would get their least expensive kit that includes cpu, gpu and north bridge so that you gain experience with all three. It won't be long before you will be wanting to trade up and put together your own kit from various makers. Take your time and test for leaks before putting the gear inside your case. ;)

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 05:54 AM
I've already made my mind and going to buy an Asetek waterchill w/CPU, chipset and VGA.

When done I will write my thoughts here, thanks to everyone

Vitalizer
03-10-2004, 06:02 AM
why dont u buy dangerden or d-tek instead? they are a lot better..

saaya
03-10-2004, 06:23 AM
yeah, you dont have to start with the bad stuff to be able to apreciate the good stuff... you could as well start with phase change cooling, just be carefull and ask people about help and dont just try some things :D

now if you want to get a watercooling rig id suggest you to get the rbx or a cascade(if you have the money) a decent pump with high gph (im from europe so i dont kknow a lot about american pumps) eheim value pumps are great, i have one myself. 1000L/H for only 20$, they are inline so you need a reservoir.

get a heatercore from ebay or a local junkyard (shouldnt cost you more than 20$) try to get a heatercore with large in/outlets and with copper tubes, maybe your lucky and even find a pure copper one like me. if thats too much work for you just get the heatercore from d-tek customs. they also have nice chipset waterblocks, or you can get a spiral cpu block for 25$ and mount it on the nb...

for the gpu i would get an mcw50-t, def worth the 50$

then you still need 2 or 4 120mm fans, i suggest you get the 2800rpm deltas wich are almost completely silent at 5v but still move a LOT of air. :)

if you need more hlp pm me :toast:

EDIT: oh, and please dont read thg :D

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 06:45 AM
Me too Im from Europe, Luxembourg to be exact

I don't speak german, though, Im portuguese.

As I said I thought twice and I will go for watercool and then perhaps later I will go to phase change

Questions I have but I prefer to wait untill I buy the kit and then I will ask more.

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 06:47 AM
I need to ask again if someone knows why I would need to buy 2 radiators from the kit, as I said before they got one version w/ 2 rads and 1 other w/ 1 rad, what's best?

TheDude
03-10-2004, 08:06 AM
can you post a link to these kits for us please?

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 08:31 AM
I will in 5m cause I got a virus who is sutting down my PC

TheDude
03-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Hmmm.....well scrub that box and get back to us when you can. Good luck with it.
My first watercooling experience was with a kit, but it wasn't long before I went the way saaya suggested and put together my own rig from here and there. You could skip the kit and go right to a rig like saaya suggested (with his help) or put the kit together and keep learning until you feel the need to upgrade. I feel that is the best choice because you will know that you have learned what you need to know as soon as you outgrow the kit....but that's just my opinion, everyone has one. :D

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 10:24 AM
5mn have long passed, I now know that I got the blaster worm

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I could fix the worm and now everything is working again

Here are the links :

Asetek site (http://www.asetek.com)

asetek products (http://www.asetek.com/default.asp?showPage=startside.asp&param=sideid&myvalue=14&contentSection=2&menuID=-1)

TheDude
03-10-2004, 10:47 AM
How much is that Waterchill for CPU, VGA & CHIPSET COOLING? Is that one of the two you are considering? Which is the other one and how much is it?
What are your goals? What do you want and expect to get from your water cooling rig?
If just a moderate OC, then the kits would be fine, but if you want max performance and big OCs....I would do as saaya said.

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry I cannot really find it in the asetek web site ( it's a mess as a site ) but an online Luxembourgish store sells it for 317€ (390$)

product direct link (http://www.computersupplies.lu/produit.php?ref=COOWCWC03-L-5105) ( in French )

and for only 1 radiator 248€ (305$)

one radiator (http://www.computersupplies.lu/produit.php?ref=COOWCWC03-L-5005)

saaya
03-10-2004, 11:12 AM
woa dude! thats extremely expensive for such an average performing kit!

check out www.com-tra.de their pumps suck and are epxensive, so do the rads, but they have really nice and cheap waterblocks.
http://www.com-tra.de/shop/de_DE/produkt/id_is_1357_and_id_is_1357_and_WaKue_CPU-Kuehler_CCR-03_incl_Socket-Halterung.html.html

great gpu/nb cooler

http://www.com-tra.de/shop/de_DE/produkt/id_is_2572_and_WaKue_CPU-Kuehler_CF-1_ohne_Halterungen.html

good cpu block, close to the rbx in cooling performence! the 8mm inlets are def a draw back, but if you ask me the size of the hoses doesnt really matter THAT much. im getting great temps and im using 8mm/10mm hoses, my only problem is i used the spiral block as the cpu block, cpu=water temp+15°C wich is really bad, but as i said itsd a great gpu/chipset block and the other cpu block i posted does a great job. keith (liquid3d) is making a review of it atm iirc

nice avatar btw :D

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 11:14 AM
As I'm new to OC I want to ask saaya what it means "rbx or a cascade ... a decent pump with high gph "

I dont understand what is RBX and GPH

and for the mcw50-t where I could find it?

d-tek stands for a site as www.d-tek.com or something? I don't find it

I must go now but tomorrow I will be back

Thanks to everyone who's helping me and sorry for the trouble.

This FORUM kicks ass, you are really great.

FallenAngel
03-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the cumpliments it helps being a Graphic Designer, as I said until tomorrow cause today its finished for me I must go

TheDude
03-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Wow!!! I'm with saaya on this one...way too much money for what you get! :eek:

FallenAngel
03-11-2004, 04:16 AM
After seing the site thas saaya described I thought twice and I will do what he says. In the end of this month I will surely buy what he advices and then I will post some questions how I can build it and configure it.

I forgot to reply to "the dude" saying what I want.

In first place I want a silent PC homemade, so my first choice it was phase-change, but quickly the guys from the forum told me to start w/ watercool.

And second I need more power and speed not expensive for my works as I am a Graphic Designer who operates w/ files bigger than 250Mb ( sometimes more than that, alot more ) and with temporary files bigger than 2Gb.

So I really need the power without buying an expensive PC

TheDude
03-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Make sure your pump and fans are as quiet as possible, yet still do the job well....saaya can advise you well on that.....if not they will end up as loud or louder than a phasechange unit and not nearly as effective.
(Other than noise and expense,) I see no reason not to skip watercooling and go right to phasechange for your needs, however water will be cheaper and if properly configured...quieter too. ;)

Minnyboy
03-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Phew!!!
Didn't see this until The Dude & Saaya had their say....

I got meslf the first generation Waterchill kits (all 3 blocks) & the performance is under par imho. The only good part was the GPU block that i'm still using atm.

You'd wanna hope that the later revisions are A LOT better performing than the first one...

I ended up going the next step & got meself a Vapo PE Ti....

The rest of the Waterchill kit is sitting nicely in my "spare" room gathering dust & lovin every minute of it:D

Reflex1
03-11-2004, 06:46 AM
at least its better than a Koolance (which is where i started) poor me :( ...but now happy with my Mach II + swiffy setup :D

goodluck FallenAngel :toast:
Nice advice from the rest ...but i wud advise to get swiftech blocks or DangerDen ... get the TEC (thermoelectric cooling) if u feel u can handle it ;) (www.tweakstore.net ...Dutch store ...near both of us and has a HUGE selectiion of pimpin stuff :D )