PDA

View Full Version : Help With My 5200 BTU Air conditioning

NesQuiK
03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
(Moved Thread to Chilled Liquid cooling) found an 5200 BTU air conditioning that im willing to use for chilling my computer .

How Much temp will it go to with an only 5200 btu ac -.-
hmmm i only have the AC for now . i know that i need Pump , hmm a cooler where to put the pump and the radiator in , hmm some stuff to change the copper angle of the AC , some watercooling tubes hmmm ... i wanna know does it act like a promie ( single way tube to CPU ) or like water cooling with in / out tubes with normal block on chips like Danger dan ... and what else do i need to complete that setup
but first what will be temps i will get ??

thx!

jamaljaco
03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
It works like a regular water loop but instead of a radiator you have chilled fluid in a resevior. The fluid is chilled by the evaporator from the ac. you will get fine temps (no other way to really answer that ,lol) .Read this entire thread....Sticky: Chiller/ac unit ..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22968

NesQuiK
03-10-2004, 06:28 AM
okok thanks :D

but i still got few questions .

How do i bend to copper of the AC ? Isaw in the other thread but the guy broke it:confused:

What Product should be in the reservoir/going to CPU . Anti-Freeze with distilled water ? or smthing else ?

I dont really understand how the pumps do its job , u have to let it in the bottom of the reservoir wiht only the output to the cpu and the output from cpu to anywhere in the reservoir ? not in the pomp's input ?

For the Water tubes to cpu and cpu to reservoir . wich one are goods . i see all of u putting smthing black around them , like some kinda foam . and for the blocks i dont have to just put the tubes in ? in your images i see tape all around the water block and black thing on the black :confused: ? its not just a normal maze3 block plus tubes ??

And can one pump do Pump------>CPU----->Videocard----->back to reservoir , or i need 2 pumps ?

can i still let my motherboard and everything in my case , or it has to be on like the floor like i saw a pic of ures ....

hmmmm that was all the questions comming to my mind

NesQuiK
03-10-2004, 07:23 AM
*Bump* any reply :O

jamaljaco
03-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Please read more ,more ,more. I can tell by your questions that you lack the basic understanding but your close. It would take a month to cover all the details in post like this.
First :I bend the copper by hand, I tried a bender but found it quite difficult with my lack of skill. Just be carfull and take it verrrry slow.Use common sence. I hate to be rude but please read the chiller ac sticky till you understand it, I really believe the answers to the rest of your questions are there.Or someone else can answer.

NesQuiK
03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
okok ill re-read , and re-read again :P

still didnt saw some questions i asked like

can one pump do CPU and GPU and when u say bend by hand u need some product so it bends better it heh ? i think

anyway ill go read

NesQuiK
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
PS . in that JamalVideo , is that you playing bass ? acuse i play bass too :P and is it a fretless one ?

jamaljaco
03-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by NesQuiK
okok ill re-read , and re-read again :P

still didnt saw some questions i asked like

can one pump do CPU and GPU and when u say bend by hand u need some product so it bends better it heh ? i think

anyway ill go read One pump will do fine, I used two pumps because I had a smaller diameter waterblock for my video and didnt want to restrict the flow of my cpu loop. I recomend something like 500 gph with 1/2 inch ID plumbing.Smaller will work but even alcohol @subzero pumps like syrup.
For the bending I tried the bending tool but had trouble using it so I just used my bare hands.

jamaljaco
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
PS . in that JamalVideo , is that you playing bass ? acuse i play bass too :P and is it a fretless one ? Most folks don't even realize it is a bass, I play in the trebble range mostly.That is my custom frettless my one and only, yes. Very observant even seasoned players tend to miss that.

NesQuiK
03-10-2004, 08:26 PM
heh cool bass :D

ill try getting a digiacm to take photos of my project , and does WinsheyWasher -40c does the job or its not enough ? :O

jamaljaco
03-10-2004, 08:39 PM
heh cool bass :D

ill try getting a digiacm to take photos of my project , and does WinsheyWasher -40c does the job or its not enough ? :O It will probably turn to slush ,WW fliuid is just water and methanol,usually not enough methanol in it for our temps you can use it but you may need to add more methanol . Pics will help us help you .

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 12:59 PM
okok , well i live in montreal here theres no u talk about here :confused:

so what liquid should i get , adn where?

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 01:00 PM
OOPS mistake " theres no store u talk about here "

afireinside
03-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Ok look. The black crap around the tubing is pipe insulation. Were dealing with sub ambiant temps here. It will create condensation. Same with the stuff you see on our block. Everything bellow ambiant must be insulated as much as possible. You need to put dielectric greese in the CPU socket and make an airtight seal between the block and the CPU/mobo

The pump sits in the res, sucks cold liquid in, pumps it through the system and than back into the res where the cycle starts again. This is an open loop, not a closed one.

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 02:01 PM
okok thx everyone , im almost ready to do my lil project , just some more answers to be answered . like what tools do i need to make this job , i dont really have some tools , only like screw drivers -.-

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 02:37 PM
and whats a good block for my 9800 pro that wont break cause its too cold or smthing ( is the Danger Den Maze4GPU Good) ??

Peen
03-11-2004, 02:45 PM
and whats a good block for my 9800 pro that wont break cause its too cold or smthing ( is the Danger Den Maze4GPU Good) ?? I would think that would be a good block, since it is more square in design. Some blocks are kinda round, and would seem hard to insulate.

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 03:33 PM
ok thx ,

what do you guys use as GPU Blocks

Peen
03-11-2004, 03:35 PM
I dont have anything yet, but I am building one very soon! First choice for me would be Maze 4 it seems like its built strong

jamaljaco
03-11-2004, 04:19 PM
ok thx ,

what do you guys use as GPU Blocks Whatever block you use on the gpu make sure it doesn't get in the way of your ramsinks.Ok for the record again.I used a Danger Den nb Z block (lucite top) on my Gpu for a couple months and it did not crack.

NesQuiK
03-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Z block isnt made for northbridge ? i think ...

afireinside
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
NB and GPU mounting holes are the same most of the time. I'm using my Dtek FSB NB block on my GPU next time because my GPU version needed to be clamped on. Angel made tubing insulation pop off.

jamaljaco
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Z block isnt made for northbridge ? i think ... yea, its for the nb, it is also somewhat ajustable but I just cut a metal plate to fit over it and match up with the holes.

NesQuiK
03-12-2004, 07:27 AM
ok , so whats better for 9800p danger den z block or denger den maze4gpu ?

NesQuiK
03-12-2004, 09:33 PM
yay ! i got a :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:ty webcam (not even digicam) that my friend passed me , so tommorow ill post some pics :P

NesQuiK
03-13-2004, 09:40 AM
yay , i finally got some pics . sorry for the quality

first , here is the ac at normal
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_001.jpg

here is my beatiful rig before it gets all nasty with all those tubes neoprene and stuff around everywhere in it
its a :
p4 2.4c m0 ,doing 270fsb (3.24ghz) on air
SP94+80mm Tornado on cpu
IC7-Max3 mobo no vmodd
KHX3500 able to do ddr500 2-2-2-5 (250fsb 1:1)
Built by ATI 9800pro flashed to xt doing 445/380 stock cooling
not vmodded to
Antec 400w power supply
WD Raptor 36.6g ( only one , cant do raid yet :( )
some intake fans around in the case and useless stuff u dont need to know :P
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_003.jpg

heres the AC after 5mins
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_006.jpg

heres the AC after 10mins
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_007.jpg
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_009.jpg
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_008.jpg

oh yeah and i wanna know what is that exactly ? :confused:
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_005.jpg

Gary Lloyd
03-13-2004, 11:52 AM
For starters, you don't want that front squirrel cage fan. Take a hacksaw and cut off the shaft right up close to the motor.

The suction line comes out of the evap at the top, drops down, does a U turn, and back up. Where it goes back up, the long vertical pipe, you want that pipe to swing around up against the back of the evap. Be very slow and careful moving it there. The weak point is where the suction line connects to the evap. You don't want to put a lot of stress on that connection. At the same time, you will have to unbend the horizontal 90 degree bend above and to the left of the compressor. Take it slow, a little at a time. And wait until it is all room temp before you start bending.

Also, move that white box at the lower left, so we can see what is behind it.

Gary Lloyd
03-13-2004, 11:58 AM
oh yeah and i wanna know what is that exactly ?

That is the sensing bulb for the thermostat. The thermostat shuts off the A/C when the air temp is cold enough. If you follow its tube back to the thermostat, you will see two wires. You want to connect those two wires together so that it runs continuously.

Unplug the power cord first, though. :D

NesQuiK
03-13-2004, 04:17 PM
ok thanks , i know way better now :)

Gary Lloyd
03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_006.jpg

In the above pic: Hold the 90 degree bend at the outlet of the evap with one hand. Your goal with that hand is to not allow the 90 to move. With the other hand, grip the bottom of the U, twisting it to the right. If you have a tubing bender, make a 45 degree bend to the right, in the bottom of the U.

The vertical tube doesn't need to be all the way against the evap, just close enough to get both tube and evap inside the reservoir. I'm assuming you are using the slim Rubbermaid cooler for a reservoir, such as is shown in the "Chiller ac unit" thread in the stickies.

Gary Lloyd
03-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Hmmmmm... Actually, if I were using my tube benders, I would turn that U into almost a V, but that would be a little tricky, and you probably don't have a bender.

Gary Lloyd
03-13-2004, 05:20 PM
http://clansic.freewebspace.com/images/picture_001.jpg

Hmmmm... I'm thinking we might be able to make a small bend in the vertical tube coming down from the evap, swinging the bottom of the U towards the front.

Probably the first move should be to unbend the 90 above and to the left of the compressor, then see what is needed from there to fit the reservoir.

Take pics each step of the way, so we can see your progress, and show others how to do it, as well.

NesQuiK
03-13-2004, 08:18 PM
wow im all lost with ure V and U and 90 degree and 45 degree . can u make a before / after drawing of what u mean ?

jamaljaco
03-14-2004, 09:29 AM
wow im all lost with ure V and U and 90 degree and 45 degree . can u make a before / after drawing of what u mean ? for now I would just cut off that squirl cage fan at the shaft and create more room to work ,also lets see a pic of your res so we know what we are bending into.

NesQuiK
03-14-2004, 10:21 AM
how do i cut that , or can i just remove it by unscreweing it ?

and im thinking about the same as Pimpsho or the other guy in Chiller/AC unit sticky thread . its red and its a beer cooler i think

jamaljaco
03-14-2004, 10:29 AM
how do i cut that , or can i just remove it by unscreweing it ?

and im thinking about the same as Pimpsho or the other guy in Chiller/AC unit sticky thread . its red and its a beer cooler i think yea , you can remove the fan then cut the shaft back flush with a hacksaw.you don't want the shaft rubbing up against you res and making a hole.