PDA

View Full Version : best place for aluminuminum?

apathy^2
03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
i have one of the full tower chieftecs which are great, but unfortunately i hate the side panels because they have the door handle, holes, and blowhole.

i want to replace these with aluminum doors or buy an aluminum version of the case, but oh noeees! although they make an aluminum midtower, chieftec apparently never made an aluminum full tower. =( i'm a very sad panda.

so i thought, :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: it, i've been in the mood to hack and slash this case, why not make my own damn replacement doors out of aluminum. =)

i was wondering if anyone has any places they would suggest to find decent case panel thickness' aluminum sheets. is this something i'd have an easy job finding at a B&M place like ace, or home depot?

apathy^2
03-11-2004, 11:34 PM
o_O wow, 24 views and no responses, holy :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: guys, don't flood my thread all at once =\

nevermind, i'll just call up some random places and see.

mad mikee
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
onlinemetals.com

apathy^2
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
thanks =) i was just about to start cold calling and i thought, MAYBE someone will have a suggestion.

blinky
03-28-2004, 11:58 PM
aluminuminum???

hehe
im just messin wit ya

u know in england they say aluminium

MightyOne
04-07-2004, 10:24 AM
*cough*

Well ... they say Aluminium just about everywhere - except for the US.

But heck - I'd rather complain about your usage of completely outdated units than about such an minuscule error in spelling/pronunciation ... ;) :D

scrible88
05-02-2004, 06:34 AM
I know they sell solid side panels with no handles, blowholes etc for the case because I have one and was looking into getting a window side panel.

I don't remember where I saw them though and they were steel.

What's wrong with steel? Why do you want aluminum?