PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech setup...factory 3/8" or 1/2"

Kato
09-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, I have to make a decision now. I'm preparing to order the Swiftech MCW462-U and the MCW40-T, along with Eheim 1250, heatcore and Tygon tubing. My question is, althongh I can purchase the MCW462-UH to use the 1/2" tubing system, the MCW40-T is stuck with 3/8" factory fitting. SSS have suggested that I can mod the GPU block a little in order to fit into the 1/2" system, but before I do this and void my warranty, I want to know the performence differences between the 3/8" and the 1/2".
All the components(rad, pump etc) stay the same, just in one case its the 3/8" system, and the other case is using the 1/2" system. This is crucial to me since this is my first time, and if something happens with I mod my GPU block, Its $60 into the garbage and I don't want to waste money on something I will regard.

Thanks ahead:D

Preventer
09-16-2002, 07:35 PM
I called Swiftech just this past Friday and spoke with'em about this particular block being 3/8" fittings. The guy told me to wait just 2 weeks, they will be releasing a new GPU/Chipset block with 1/2" fittings.

Creative
09-16-2002, 09:33 PM
Thats very very good news cos everyone raves about this swiftech vid card block but its 3/8" and my system is 1'2" so this new one I will even look at buying internationally to get it......if the guys here say it rocks....it rocks :D:D
heheheheh

Kato
09-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Preventer
I called Swiftech just this past Friday and spoke with'em about this particular block being 3/8" fittings. The guy told me to wait just 2 weeks, they will be releasing a new GPU/Chipset block with 1/2" fittings.

Nice!!! Guess I will wait for 2 weeks then....sweet:banana: