PDA

View Full Version : Metros...

mp3blast
03-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I dont know about you guys, but i really wanna metro when it comes time for me to buy a car (Which wont be until I get my license in December)

http://photos.imageevent.com/cars4auction/pics/metro1.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/cars4auction/pics/metro14.jpg

Top speed is 85 but who cares. Its just really nice and fuel efficient.

JBELL
03-08-2004, 02:14 PM
those cars are not the fanciest but damn are they ever realiable!! I know a guy that works for chevy... drives 60 miles one way to work with over 260,000 miles on original engine .. .still runs like new.

Inigmatics
03-09-2004, 05:52 PM
:rolleyes:

All the girls will be happy to see that your conservative, reliable, and welll......

I think you should go with a Camaro or some other penis extension.

My truck looks really cool. I bought a Chevy Xtreme. Its only a four cylinder though. Heavy and slow. I would have been better off with a metro:D

If reliability and gas mileage is what you want I think its a great buy.

JBELL
03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Inigmatics
:rolleyes:

All the girls will be happy to see that your conservative, reliable, and welll......

I think you should go with a Camaro or some other penis extension.

My truck looks really cool. I bought a Chevy Xtreme. Its only a four cylinder though. Heavy and slow. I would have been better off with a metro:D

If reliability and gas mileage is what you want I think its a great buy.

get a poweraid throttle body spacer and airaid intake system for your vortec... you will thank me.

http://poweraid.com/

mp3blast
03-09-2004, 07:32 PM
heh, i dotn really like american cars, japs are my fav but the chevy metro and cavalier really appeal to me

Tedinde
03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Top speed is faster than that. Most cars dont show their max on the speedo. it's not needed. all the mustang gt 5.0's had 85mph speedo';s.

Inigmatics
03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Poweraide only makes a throttle body spacer for the 2.2l. I already did my intake and exhaust and a throttle body spacer. I have a power pulley from asp pullies on its way in the mail too. I just put in 8mm Spark plug wires and the quad tipped platnum plugs too.

It runs much faster than a non modded one but its still a bit slow.
OOOOHHHH well. I guess I shoulda bought something with a V8 then. But I just got a ticket the other day driving up to Chico CA to drop a processor off at a friends. Maybe I'm not responsible enough for a faster ride yet? Lead foot. I might not ever be responsible enough for a faster car.:D

Inigmatics
03-10-2004, 02:12 PM
YOu mean your Mustang Gt went faster tahn 85?!?!?!?

LOL naw just kidding. Yeah he's right, Speedometors don't really mena anything. I used to drive a Ford Thunderbird SC. It came from the factory with a supercharger on it. The speedometor said 120mph, but it went faster than that;)

Soulburner
03-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Inigmatics
I used to drive a Ford Thunderbird SC. It came from the factory with a supercharger on it. The speedometor said 120mph, but it went faster than that;)
You mean it went to 121.

And then exploded ;)

Inigmatics
03-11-2004, 02:03 AM
Might as well have. I drove that thing into the ground. I took it into the shop one time because I just couldn't figure out where this vibration was coming from. It was shaking my steering wheel and all so I figured I need to have my wheels aligned or something. They had to tighten up the four bolts that were suppossed to be holding my drive shaft on. They told me I was lucky I had brought it in before my drive shaft fell off.

Too many burn outs I guess.:shrug:

The car was pretty fast. I still love um but they're old to the point that owning one wouldn't make sense. Too much maintenance. When the motor blows it costs (if I remember right) like 4,000 to 5,000 dollars to get it fixed because of it being an uncommon motor or the block or the parts they built it with were uncommon.

I like it simple now. If I'm gonna work on my car I want it to be something old and easy to do. I don't like working on the newer cars. I can't wait till I have my own house so I can have a project car in the garage.

Soulburner
03-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Uhh that makes me kinda weary, because i'm getting an annoying vibration too :stick:

JBELL
03-17-2004, 07:37 AM
METRO STYLE YO!!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/534000-534999/534713_1_full.jpg

Inigmatics
03-17-2004, 08:21 AM
:wiggle:

mrzee
03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Metro = speedbump. Stay away from semi's in that thing, especially mine. Dangerous cars, and only a three cylinder engine.
You will not survive an accident in that car. Get an SUV

Soulburner
03-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by mrzee
Get an SUV
:stick:

Tedinde
03-18-2004, 08:45 PM
I had a 91 Gt back in 93, I put a cartech turbo system in, I was so tired of running out of nitrous. 250HP NOS kit. upgraded to 14lb boost turbo from here.

http://www.cartech.net/fordturbofox.htm

t-64 upgrade

ended up with 585HP 610lb's of tourqe on the dyno.

They used to advertise 180+mph with their kits. Mine felt like it would come apart once i passed 145mph, id have to back off everytime.

makes you really think about tires and brakes.

soon after i totaled the car:(

Soulburner
03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Those GTs just weren't made for top speeds like that...

On the other hand, these were

http://home.neb.rr.com/soulburner/02%20Silver%20WS6%204.jpg

Speed limiter actually shuts the engine off at 162mph...but that can be disabled with LS1Edit and a laptop...perfectly stable at that speed too.

Tedinde
03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
I traded in a 91 Formula 350 firebird for the mustang.

The firebird had a 8 port nitrous fogger kit installed. 300 horse extra on on a wide open throttle switch, I've taken it past 160.

These are on delaware highway's also. there isnt very much straight away!!!! There is one good 3 mile run that i always used to hit on I 495 coming from PA to Delaware late night.

I fulfill me NFS on a GPZ1100E now. I bought it in 1996, i have a whole 4000 miles on it. Same motor as a ZX11 just in a sport tourer 8 gallon tank.