PDA

View Full Version : help!!! internet wont work

Jrocket
03-05-2004, 02:08 PM
My rig that I built a while ago, was working fine on my cable modem. However when I reformatted it, it couldnt connect anymore. It shows that there is a connection, but it wont load pages or anything. This is after going through the internet connection setup! What should I do!!!!
Thanks in advance

3rd-Dimension
03-05-2004, 03:23 PM
u got wep enabled on router?

Smizack
03-05-2004, 05:29 PM
command prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Then make sure it's picking up an ip address.

Tedinde
03-05-2004, 05:32 PM
My Epox i used to have to set up the Mac Address in the Bios, ONly board that was funny like that.

3rd-Dimension
03-05-2004, 05:40 PM
damn just figured it was wireless for some reason.After reading again I must say excuse my dumb@$$ response.

Soulburner
03-05-2004, 07:18 PM
On my boards, I never have to set anything up. All I do is once I install windows, install the NIC driver. Bam, instant internet connection.

What OS is this? XP? When you install it and it comes to the getting started blue screen, tell it that you are using a LAN and check the boxes saying obtain IP automatically, and obtain DNS automatically. After that as soon as it picks up an NIC (when you install the driver) you can connect...no internet connection setup jargon needed...sometimes i've found that even makes it stop working.

Jrocket
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Never mind i fixed it, i had to reinstall the chipset drivers and reeanable some process.
thanks

Soulburner
03-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Lemme guess, you disabled the DHCP Client service?

WesM63
03-08-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm assuming it was the NIC driver. If it was onboard, I've seen where some onboard nics will assing 0's for the MAC Address and will not communicate unless you install their drivers. Even though the nic shows up and working in device manager.

Odd stuff.